colorize contact groups and mail accounts (and global inbox)

Your suggestions for future versions of EssentialPIM

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

robi
Guru

colorize contact groups and mail accounts (and global inbox)

Post by robi »

I'd like to colorize contact groups and email account.

Contacts: I'd like contacts to be colorized with group color. Thus in "my contact" (global) view, they are distinguished.
Mails: I'd like a global inbox view, with each email having a different color depending on the account.
Max
Site Admin

Re: colorize contact groups and mail accounts (and global in

Post by Max »

Suggestion noted, thank you!
Maxim,
EPIM Team
tschultze

Re: colorize contact groups and mail accounts (and global inbox)

Post by tschultze »

Maybe a way to do this for mail would be to incorporate the ability to set a category (which at least colors the background of a message in the list) via a rule.
Additionally, I find the Thunderbird add-on, "BorderColors D" to be immensely helpful for keeping me "on track" when creating a new message. I work with a number of companies and need to avoid mixing up the "sender" of my emails. Currently, creating a new message defaults the sender account to the one associated with the currently selected email (which is often the correct choice but not all the time). This add-on allows you to configure the background color of the "New Message" window as well as the similar "Reply-to" or "Forward" windows by sender account. I assign different colors to different accounts and then, hopefully, my lizard brain detects the unanticipated color if I have it wrong.
admin
Site Admin

Re: colorize contact groups and mail accounts (and global inbox)

Post by admin »

Maybe a way to do this for mail would be to incorporate the ability to set a category (which at least colors the background of a message in the list) via a rule.
This is already available in the EPIM 11.2 Beta version.
Additionally, I find the Thunderbird add-on, "BorderColors D" to be immensely helpful for keeping me "on track" when creating a new message. I work with a number of companies and need to avoid mixing up the "sender" of my emails. Currently, creating a new message defaults the sender account to the one associated with the currently selected email (which is often the correct choice but not all the time). This add-on allows you to configure the background color of the "New Message" window as well as the similar "Reply-to" or "Forward" windows by sender account. I assign different colors to different accounts and then, hopefully, my lizard brain detects the unanticipated color if I have it wrong.
That could be a nice option, thanks very much for suggesting it. Let's see if other users support this idea.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!