More editing options for the "Tasks" module

Your suggestions for future versions of EssentialPIM

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

lk
Guru

More editing options for the "Tasks" module

Post by lk »

Hi there,

is there a reason why the "Tasks" module doesn't show all the editing capabilities the "Notes" modules has? No different fonts, no checkboxes, no tables... if I need these elements in a task I currently have to create a note instead and link from the task to this note which is very cumbersome.

Moreover, if I convert a note to a new task, all the formattings get lost, even the few ones the "Tasks" module supports (like Bold). Images were deleted, tables get converted into a useless chaos of text.

Are there any plans to improve this? (Couldn't this editor element of the "Notes" module be reused for the "Tasks" module?)

lk
ecsaltz
Guru

Re: More editing options for the "Tasks" module

Post by ecsaltz »

+1. Formatting et. al. would enhance tasks greatly. Especially flowing from notes into tasks.
PC Desktop: Window 11 Pro, 34 inch 4K monitor.
Cell phone: Verizon Wireless Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra, Android 12 - linked with Garmin Fenix 6 Pro wrist watch and Fitbit Sense wrist watch.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Everything is possible, of course. Let's see how many users support the idea, we could then prioritize it for implementation in the future versions based on the number of requests.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
a8907433
Guru

Post by a8907433 »

I support this too!
I often missed the possibillity to emphasize words with different size or font in tasks. I use tasks mainly as notes to a day- in lack of a real "note" to a day.
ecsaltz
Guru

Post by ecsaltz »

a8907433 wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 5:50 pm I support this too!
I often missed the possibillity to emphasize words with different size or font in tasks. I use tasks mainly as notes to a day- in lack of a real "note" to a day.
I use tasks for daily / short / long term project management. I have one or more formatted notes that I want to insert into a task, it consolidates pertinent information for a project. Being able to formatted a short note while in the task, as well as adding existing formatted notes to the task (without loosing their formatting), would be a welcomed boost to productivity in my project management.
PC Desktop: Window 11 Pro, 34 inch 4K monitor.
Cell phone: Verizon Wireless Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra, Android 12 - linked with Garmin Fenix 6 Pro wrist watch and Fitbit Sense wrist watch.
alexpr
Novice

Post by alexpr »

I also support to extend the functionality of the task. I'm using it to organize my tasks getting by mail. Add more rows, rename and so on would be great.
a8907433
Guru

Post by a8907433 »

Sorry, I have to correct my posting: I just noticed, I never jused any task at all; I even don´t see the task module in EPIM, nore have I any (ok, 4 or 5 tasks in the last 10 years, just for testing...). I use the appointments in calendar for this purpose (as notes). So, I want this edditing options for appointments in calendar!
But I think, this should make no difference- I think it is just consistent and intuitive, if all modules where you write something should have the same capabilities!
DG
Beta Team

Post by DG »

+1 for more formatting options in the notes of Tasks and Calendar.
PeCe
Guru

Post by PeCe »

+1 for more formatting options in the notes of all other modules.
Peter Tak
The Netherlands
Moderator and Dutch translator for EPIM
EPIM 11.8.4 Pro portable / Android EPIM 6.0.17