EPIM Notes: Import of a Table

Your suggestions for future versions of EssentialPIM

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

a8907433
Guru

EPIM Notes: Import of a Table

Post by a8907433 »

Hello,
I use on my mobile the app Money Wise pro to keep track of my expenses. Money Wise can export to .csv, .xls, .pdf and .HTML. Now I want to have this data in Notes in EPIM (Windows). And now I see- There is no way to import the data of a table into EPIM notes!!! Only .txt and .rtf.....
Please improve this!!!
Max
Site Admin

Re: EPIM Notes: Import of a Table

Post by Max »

Hello,

thank you, suggestion noted. However, EPIM is not a spreadsheet program, thus do not expect it to import csv/xls. We may consider PDF/HTML for the future.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
Shaun
Novice

Post by Shaun »

Hallo EPim

I'm just giving this suggestion a nudge, because I have exactly the same requirement.
I've got a text note in EPim, for home network, with 4 columns.

MacAddress EquipmentName IPAddress LocationOrNotes

At the moment these are just tab separated, which make updates a bit cumbersome. I would like to have a more flexible format, so I can manage these entries, sort, select etc.
I'm not looking for this management in EPim, but I would like the ability to export my text or table ( complete , no selection is necessary ) to csv, and then to import from the same format and data back into EPim to replace / update my MacAddress list.

Thanks again, Shaun
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

Thank you, that's noted.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
shanu010

Post by shanu010 »

Hello Epim.

I would also suggest the same. Please do consider. Would be great to have the ability to import a table as template in notes. So that we can take fast and organized notes. Meanwhile what I do is, add an excel file as attachment. Would be awesome if we could not do it in one place. Anyway it is a much appreciated software.

Thanks a lot.
ecsaltz
Guru

Post by ecsaltz »

Shaun wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:05 pm Hallo EPim

I'm just giving this suggestion a nudge, because I have exactly the same requirement.
I've got a text note in EPim, for home network, with 4 columns.

MacAddress EquipmentName IPAddress LocationOrNotes

At the moment these are just tab separated, which make updates a bit cumbersome. I would like to have a more flexible format, so I can manage these entries, sort, select etc.
I'm not looking for this management in EPim, but I would like the ability to export my text or table ( complete , no selection is necessary ) to csv, and then to import from the same format and data back into EPim to replace / update my MacAddress list.

Thanks again, Shaun
I keep almost the same data in Excel, but duplicate it in EPIM, then sync with Android EPIM. Many times I am at a client, on a ladder working on IT equipment, and need access to data - and there it is, right on my cell phone that is with me on that ladder. Please consider some type of import capabilities soon - thanks for listening.
PC Desktop: Window 11 Pro, 34 inch 4K monitor.
Cell phone: Verizon Wireless Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra, Android 12 - linked with Garmin Fenix 6 Pro wrist watch and Fitbit Sense wrist watch.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Sure, will do, thanks!
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
Shaun
Novice

Post by Shaun »

Hallo EPim
Another nudge for this enhancement. I have a collection of Excel format files ( simple text data, no formulae ) which I would like to combine in to a single place.
I can manually convert .xlsx to .csv format.
Then I would like to import.csv to EPim table, and later the opposite export EPim table to .csv format file.
I can then manually edit / update / convert the .csv or .xlsx file as nescessary ( And repeat import )

Thanks again, Shaun