11.1 Insert Pictures in Tasks

Your suggestions for future versions of EssentialPIM

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

daho2018
Guru

11.1 Insert Pictures in Tasks

Post by daho2018 »

Hello together,

I often use the task to take notes during phone calls.

Often it also happens that there is an Videocall in addition, where you also take screenshots. I would like to include these in the task, but unfortunately this does not work.

Therefore the suggestion: create the possibility to insert pictures in tasks.

Greetings
admin
Site Admin

Re: 11.1 Insert Pictures in Tasks

Post by admin »

You mean add pictures inline? As they can already be added as attachments or links.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
daho2018
Guru

Post by daho2018 »

@admin Right I want to insert it inline, within the notes inserting images inline works.

I know that I can attach it or link it. But then I have to save it before, so I would have the file twice. Once in the filesystem and once in the epim DB.

So my thought, if it is possible in the notes, make it possible in the tasks as well.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks for the suggestion, clear now.
daho2018
Guru

Post by daho2018 »

Hello

is there anything new on this already? I miss this feature very much :-)

Thanks and greetings
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Nothing new at the moment unfortunately. As you can see this topic isn't very popular.
DD1
Novice

Post by DD1 »

Saw this older post as I was thinking the same thing.

I would find great utility in the ability to insert images into both tasks and appointments too. Sometimes a website clip, a screen snip or image from an email or text would be a very handy reference. As it stands, I need to create a new note and link it to a task/appt in order to view any images like this. Appreciating that this can be done via a file or website link, that process involves many steps and provides no visual 'cue'. far less efficient in my mind.

Many thanks for the re-consideration of this capability.
ecsaltz
Guru

Post by ecsaltz »

DD1 wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 11:08 pm Saw this older post as I was thinking the same thing.

I would find great utility in the ability to insert images into both tasks and appointments too. Sometimes a website clip, a screen snip or image from an email or text would be a very handy reference. As it stands, I need to create a new note and link it to a task/appt in order to view any images like this. Appreciating that this can be done via a file or website link, that process involves many steps and provides no visual 'cue'. far less efficient in my mind.

Many thanks for the re-consideration of this capability.
+1. Many simple. popular calendar programs allow inserting images, ePIM should, too. That applies to tasks as well.
PC Desktop: Window 11 Pro, 34 inch 4K monitor.
Cell phone: Verizon Wireless Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra, Android 12 - linked with Garmin Fenix 6 Pro wrist watch and Fitbit Sense wrist watch.
VictorParkerPIM
Guru

Post by VictorParkerPIM »

+1, for me too.
lk
Guru

Post by lk »

+2.

While I'm very reluctant to suggest new features before the many small bugs and quirks are fixed, this one is essential IMHO. Is there a reason why the editor in the Tasks module is limited, compared to the one of the Notes module? This way it's sometimes very cumbersome to organize tasks within their own entries (e.g. by inserting pictures, tables or even simple checkboxes) - you have to create a corresponding note instead and link to it.

(Not to mention the existing possibility to convert notes to tasks which removes any formatting the task module isn't currently able to handle.)

lk