Style Sheets

Your suggestions for future versions of EssentialPIM

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

KmxSoft
Guru

Style Sheets

Post by KmxSoft »

A useful enhancement for EssentialPIM would be configurable stylesheets for the readng panel. These would allow users the ability of changing page presentation;

I'm struggling #to read emails at the moment due to colours of the reading panel. This would be so easily fixed if the stylesheet of the reading panel (which is html) could be modified so that I could change the background colour for the stylesheet.

This would also allow the user to define presemtation so that company logo's etc could be burnt into email - so anyone printing email would include statutory text for their compamy.

The way I see this being implemented would be through a minor addition to the Options dialog, allowing the user to select the stylesheet.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Style Sheets

Post by admin »

Not sure I understand your request. All HTML emails are displayed based on the styles and formats defined in their source.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
KmxSoft
Guru

Re: Style Sheets

Post by KmxSoft »

admin wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:36 pm Not sure I understand your request. All HTML emails are displayed based on the styles and formats defined in their source.
A style sheet interprets the HTML and renders (displays) the document. When EssentialPIM displays the email it displays the HTML - verbatim. It doesn't use a styl shet. Which is a pity becajse it loses any useful document markups.

When you browse the Internet the browser renders the content as defined in the style sheets - the Internet would be boring if the style sheets were ignored.