EPIM vs Outlook 365 desktop

General talks about EssentialPIM

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

LTSWI

EPIM vs Outlook 365 desktop

Post by LTSWI »

Which do you prefer and why?

I'm evaluating EPIM for a legal office I'm the IT administrator for. They currently use Outlook desktop with their Microsoft 365 accounts. It's turning into a buggy mess. Continuous login errors (app won't remember password), weekly updates breaking things, support fixes but keeps pushing that they run Outlook Web Access instead.

So far I really like EPIM. It reminds me of how Outlook used to be. The only thing that was an issue was message body text was small (8pt?) on install. I zoomed and it was fixed.
nareom
Experienced

Re: EPIM vs Outlook 365 desktop

Post by nareom »

Main thing that epim is currently missing - meetings organisation, you can't invite ppl on it, as well you can't see participants if you get invitation. It's really critical for corporate using.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Both of the features are scheduled for inclusion into EPIM in the future versions.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
nareom
Experienced

Post by nareom »

admin wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 11:45 am Both of the features are scheduled for inclusion into EPIM in the future versions.
any approx timing?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I'm not sure the feature is going to be ready for the next EPIM version 11.3 but should definitely be included in the version that comes after it (11.4?).
DanFelix
Novice

Post by DanFelix »

To my knowledge, MSoft is deprecating the desktop Outlook and migrating the accounts to online, much like GMail. It will become the New Outlook which will be the same as the current Outlook.com. Do note, all email accounts (as in IMAP) will be mirrored to the MSoft servers, which can be a privacy/security concern. The transition schedule is slated for 2024.

I recently migrated to EPIM for this very reason.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

nareom wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:00 pm Main thing that epim is currently missing - meetings organisation, you can't invite ppl on it, as well you can't see participants if you get invitation. It's really critical for corporate using.
BTW this feature is available in the EPIM 11.8 RC version. Please feel free to check it out: viewtopic.php?t=38387
DavidN
Guru

Post by DavidN »

After spending nearly 45 years in the marketing world, I believe that presenting EPIM as an Outlook replacement in your verbiage could be a huge success for this software. Some of the ones that receive praise in this space is Mailbird and EM Client and neither can compare to EPIM. Just my two cents.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thank you for the feedback, we appreciate it and will take it into account when developing marketing communications.