Floated tasks are overwhelming me. Proposed solution!

Your suggestions for future versions of EssentialPIM

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

bobmac1547
Guru

Floated tasks are overwhelming me. Proposed solution!

Post by bobmac1547 »

If I select float for a task, then my tasks for today increase and increase, eventually becoming unwieldly. So I have a couple of suggestions.

Currently, task dates are grouped by overdue, today, tomorrow, next week, this month, next month, and later. Can you create more groupings like yesterday, two days ago, three days ago, last week, last month, etc. rather than one large grouping of overdue so that we can see the aging of the tasks? That would make the display less overwhelming and potentially enable the user to decide what tasks to tackle.

Also, in the database for tasks, I know there are fields for date created and date modified. Is there a [hidden] field for original due date? That would be useful especially if I decide not to float a task any longer. If a task is "de-floated", the aging would be calculated against the original due date.
I measure a good day by how little I fell behind.

Quick! Hire a teenager while they still know everything!
admin
Site Admin

Re: Floated tasks are overwhelming me. Proposed solution!

Post by admin »

bobmac1547 wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 11:13 pm Currently, task dates are grouped by overdue, today, tomorrow, next week, this month, next month, and later. Can you create more groupings like yesterday, two days ago, three days ago, last week, last month, etc. rather than one large grouping of overdue so that we can see the aging of the tasks? That would make the display less overwhelming and potentially enable the user to decide what tasks to tackle.
This could be possible. Let's see if other users support the idea.
bobmac1547 wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 11:13 pmAlso, in the database for tasks, I know there are fields for date created and date modified. Is there a [hidden] field for original due date? That would be useful especially if I decide not to float a task any longer. If a task is "de-floated", the aging would be calculated against the original due date.
No, unfortunately there's no such a record in the database, yet.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
bobmac1547
Guru

Post by bobmac1547 »

OK, Thanks. Let's just convert this into a suggestion/request. I've got to get out from under this problem :!: I've tried to not float tasks, but then that just clogs up the overdue section.

Basically, what I'm saying is that we need more granularity in the tasks section. I'm sure there are other ideas as well. If you want to put together a group to work on this with you, I'm more than happy to work with you and them! :D
I measure a good day by how little I fell behind.

Quick! Hire a teenager while they still know everything!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Got it, thanks for the explanation and for your proposal to join the group when this will be needed.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!