Events, appointments, birthdays etc into EPIM

Here we post and discuss the iCal calendars which users create with EssentialPIM
SkipHill
Novice

Events, appointments, birthdays etc into EPIM

Post by SkipHill »

Wondering if anybody has succeeded in getting Outlook desktop calendar entries into EPIM without problems. Everything I have tried comes up short. Export/Import creates a single entry for every occurrence. Outlook PST import and/or sync does not get the Category for Birthdays, and creates an event that starts on the original birthday (even for 1950) and one for every year since. I had found a tool that would update Google calendar from outlook, so I tried clearing the calendar in EPIM and syncing from Google. That also has problems, creating the original series, which shows in the EPIM calendar, but also another for this years occurrence, which also shows in the EPIM calendar, so I get doubles of everything.

Is it possible that the EPIM calendar gets confused after multiple imports and syncs, even after I clear it? So maybe I need to start over with an empty EPIM database?

If it's just not ready for prime time, I accept that, maybe they will fix it in the future. But if you have done it and it worked, please let me know how you did it.

Any help will be appreciated.

Skip
Pro User
admin
Site Admin

Re: Events, appointments, birthdays etc into EPIM

Post by admin »

The best way would be to use EPIM-Outlook Sync. As far as I understand, the only issue here is that the events created in the EPIM's calendar are without a category assigned to them?
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
SkipHill
Novice

Re: Events, appointments, birthdays etc into EPIM

Post by SkipHill »

I tried the import for the initial setup, wanting Outlook recurring events (with Birthday category) to come across. They do, but without the category, so I could not easily get them assigned a color in epim. Then I found the color by calendar option. So I found a workaround. I've been wrestling with trying the multiple options available to get what I want. Outlook desktop 2016, Epim Pro desktop, and Google calendar. Google calendar gets things to my phone. But that's another topic I'll put in a separate post. Basically, I can't get epim to get things to google.