Die hundert schönsten Fehlermeldungen, Teil 4, The hundred most beautiful error messages, part 4

EssentialPIM auf Deutsch besprechen

Moderators: esque, chabar2000

admin
Site Admin

Re: Die hundert schönsten Fehlermeldungen, Teil 4, The hundred most beautiful error messages, part 4

Post by admin »

I think we could introduce a new feature in the new EPIM versions that should allow you to choose which account to sync data with. For instance, you will be able to choose whether to sync your Local account with EPIM Cloud or create a new one for the service.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
hepcat
Expert

Re: Die hundert schönsten Fehlermeldungen, Teil 4, The hundred most beautiful error messages, part 4

Post by hepcat »

Das ist sicher eine gute Idee. Aber wie lange wird das dauern?
Ich finde es ziemlich anstrengend die Datei jedes mal zu kopieren und per USB - Stick hin- und her zu transportieren.

It sure is a good idea. But how long will that take?
I find it quite exhausting to copy the file every time and transport it back and forth via USB stick.
mit den besten Grüssen aussem Pott
- HepCat -
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

We're getting ready for the 11.5 version release and then the version after that (presumably 11.6) should have this feature.
hepcat
Expert

Post by hepcat »

Hallo,
ihre Ankündigung war vor 10 Wochen. Gibt es zu dem Problem neue Lösungen?

Hello,
their announcement was 10 weeks ago. Are there new solutions to the problem?
- HepCat -
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The solution for the reported issue has already been implemented in EPIM 11.6 Beta. Currently, the Beta version is in the Beta2 state.
hepcat
Expert

Post by hepcat »

Guten Morgen,
das ist ja mal eine erfreuliche Nachricht. Doch ich habe immer noch ein Problem. Ich habe einen großen Teil der Daten inzwischen wieder rekonstruieren können. Bis Februar 2022 habe ich die Arbeitsplätze über die Firebird Datenbank synchronisiert und bin dann auf die EPim Cloud umgestiegen.
Jetzt möchte ich weitere Daten wieder herstellen, habe jedoch plötzlich das Problem, das bei dem Versuch eine Backupdatei zu öffnen ich nach Benutzername und Passwort gefragt werde. Was muss ich machen um das ackup wieder herstellen zu können? Das ehemalige Passwort welches ich für die Firebird genutzt habe funktioniert nicht.
Das Backup ist vom Datum aus der Zeit in der ich bereits mit der EPim Cloud synchronisiert habe.

Good morning,
This is good news. But I still have a problem. I have been able to reconstruct a large part of the data in the meantime. Until February 2022, I synchronized the workstations via the Firebird database and then switched to the EPim Cloud.
Now I want to restore more data, but suddenly have the problem that when I try to open a backup file I am asked for username and password. What do I have to do to restore the ackup? The former password I used for the Firebird does not work.
The backup is dated from the time I already synchronized with EPim Cloud.
Attachments
2023-06-09 10_40_32-EssentialPIM Pro.png
2023-06-09 10_40_32-EssentialPIM Pro.png (8.48 KiB) Viewed 3209 times
- HepCat -
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Are you trying to open your database file as a network database or as a local database?
hepcat
Expert

Post by hepcat »

Als lokale Datenbank. Die Firebird Installation gibt es seit über einem Jahr nicht mehr.

As a local database. The Firebird installation has been gone for over a year.
- HepCat -
hepcat
Expert

Post by hepcat »

Guten Morgen,
ich habe auf einen anderem PC jetzt testweise die EssentialPIM Pro Business 11.5.3 installiert und kann wieder auf die Sicherungen zugreifen,
ABER mit der EssentialPIM Pro 11.5.3 hat sich etwas mit den Notizen geändert. IMHO ein übler Fehler!

Bisher konnten Notizen auch hierarchisch gegliedert werden. Das Funktioniert jetzt nicht mehr!

Und es wurden native Unternotizen selbständig IN Aufgaben umgewandelt. Bei dem Versuch die Aufgaben über "Konvertieren nach > Notiz" wieder in einen Notiz umzuwandeln werden anscheinend nur Links erzeugt. Ich will aber nur Notizen haben und die Aufgaben NACH der Umwandlung löschen.

Ich habe jetzt schon soviel Zeit verloren, das ich die Notizen auch manuell mit kopieren und einfügen wieder herstellen würde. Aber es muss funktionieren.

Wenn ich versuche Notizen zu bearbeiten werden Sie gegliedert dargestellt. (Bild 1)

Wenn ich versuche neue Notizen hierarchisch zu erstellen, sind die Menuepunkte "Neuer Untereintrag" und "Neuer Nachbareintrag" ausgegraut. (Bild 2)

Good morning,
I have now installed EssentialPIM Pro Business 11.5.3 on another PC as a test and can access the backups again,
BUT with the EssentialPIM Pro 11.5.3 something has changed with the notes. IMHO a nasty mistake!

Previously, notes could also be structured hierarchically. This doesn't work anymore!

And native sub-notes were automatically converted INTO tasks. When trying to convert the tasks back into a note via "Convert to > Note", apparently only links are created. But I just want to have notes and delete the tasks AFTER the conversion.

I've already lost so much time that I would copy and paste the notes manually to restore them. But it has to work.

When I try to edit notes they are displayed parsed. (Image 1)

When I try to create new notes hierarchically, the menu items "New Subentry" and "New Neighbor Entry" are grayed out. (Image 2)
Bild/Image 1
Bild/Image 1

Bild/Image 2
Bild/Image 2
2023-06-11 12_35_19-E__Data_epim_EPIM_2023_06_06a.EPIM - EssentialPIM Pro.png (4.88 KiB) Viewed 3126 times
- HepCat -
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

You currently have the "Recently Modified" filter active. Please switch to the "All Notes" option to restore the hierarchy. Thank you.
hepcat
Expert

Post by hepcat »

Guten Morgen,
vielen Dank für die schnelle Beantwortung am Wochenende. Ich habe bisher keine Filter bei den Notizen genutzt und habe die Einstellung übersehen. Entschuldigung.
Jetzt muss ich nur noch die in Aufgaben umgewandelten Notizen wieder herstellen. Wie funktioniert das "Konvertieren nach > Notiz" ohne nur einen Link zu erzeugen?

Good morning,
Thank you for the quick reply over the weekend. I haven't used any filters in the notes so far and overlooked the setting. Excuse me.
Now all I have to do is restore the notes that have been turned into tasks. How does "Convert to > Note" work without just creating a link?
- HepCat -
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Normally, when creating a task from a note, it should result in completely new tasks that are linked to the initial notes they were created from. This is the expected behavior. However, if you're experiencing a different outcome, please provide us with more details about the specific steps you're taking. Thanks!
hepcat
Expert

Post by hepcat »

Danke. Aber leider ist es genau umgekehrt.
Notizen wurden von Epim Pro in Aufgaben umgewandelt. Dabei wurden die Notizen entfernt.
Die Ursache kann ich nicht mehr nachvollziehen. Es ist jeden Fall bei der Synchronisation mit der Epim Cloud aufgetreten.
Entweder bei einem Upgrade eines Major Release (< 11) oder bei dem Versuch Epim Pro für Windows via Epim Cloud mit Epim für Android zu synchronisieren.

Thank you. But unfortunately it is the other way around.
Notes were converted to tasks by Epim Pro. In the process, the notes were removed.
I can no longer trace the cause. It occurred every case when synchronizing with Epim Cloud.
Either when upgrading a major release (< 11) or when trying to sync Epim Pro for Windows via Epim Cloud with Epim for Android.
- HepCat -
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

It should work identically when creating notes from tasks as well. If you're experiencing a different behavior, please create a video demonstration to help us investigate the issue. Thank you!
hepcat
Expert

Post by hepcat »

Guten Morgen,
es hat einen mir nicht mehr nachvollziebaren Anlass gegeben, der die Umwandlung der Notizen zu Aufgaben ausgelöst hat.
Es ist bei der Synchronisation mit der Epim Cloud aufgetreten.
Entweder bei einem Upgrade eines Major Release (< 11) oder bei dem Versuch Epim Pro für Windows via Epim Cloud mit Epim für Android zu synchronisieren.
Dabei wurden alle Notizen entfernt.

Good morning,
there has been a cause that I can no longer understand that has triggered the conversion of notes to tasks.
It occurred during synchronization with Epim Cloud.
Either when upgrading a major release (< 11) or when trying to sync Epim Pro for Windows via Epim Cloud with Epim for Android.
All notes were removed in the process.
- HepCat -