Sync error (Android - WinEPIM)

Support related problems and questions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

poet-man
Guru

Sync error (Android - WinEPIM)

Post by poet-man »

During todays direct sync (latest version on both sides), I got message as below ...

What does it want to say?

Thanks.
Attachments
error.png
Everything I mention comes out of my experience. I'm not an expert. Feel free to try anything I suggest ... but always at your own risk.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Sync error (Android - WinEPIM)

Post by admin »

One option would be to try clearing the sync data in File->Database Management. If that doesn't resolve the issue, please forward us the log file.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
poet-man
Guru

Post by poet-man »

After clearing sync data the error didnot come up so far anymore
Everything I mention comes out of my experience. I'm not an expert. Feel free to try anything I suggest ... but always at your own risk.
Dierk
Expert

Post by Dierk »

Same issue notice - same platforms (Win / Android) - exception being "At trigger 'NOTETABS_BU1" line: 21.

EPim was not Syncing Notes from Android to Windows. Cleared the Sync data: Notice went away, but now Epim has - at the minimum DUPLICATED Calendar entries. In some instances, the EPim Windows now shows as many as 8 (EIGHT) Copies of the same Calendar reminders!

At least the missing Notes entries made it over from Android to Windows (or the ones looked at did).

With a "lifetime" license, am reluctant to give up on EPim, but the constant problems with Sync are driving me to that decision: either the program fails to find the other device, fails to connect, fails to Sync all data, or DUPLICATES calendar entries. Gave up trying to Sync between Win AND Android AND Chromebook out of concern that including the CB was Asking Too Much - but with even the Win - Android connection seemingly becoming More And More Unreliable, usage of EPim has become an increasingly Frustrating experience.

Rant for today....
Ulrich
Novice

Post by Ulrich »

Same problem on Win - Android (Hardware: Pixel 7 Pro, Android 13)
2023-06-11T13-52-59.png
ErrorLog:
android.database.sqlite.SQLiteConstraintException: UNIQUE constraint failed: PhoneType.global_id (code 2067 SQLITE_CONSTRAINT_UNIQUE)
at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteConnection.nativeExecuteForChangedRowCount(Native Method)
at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteConnection.executeForChangedRowCount(SQLiteConnection.java:913)
at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteSession.executeForChangedRowCount(SQLiteSession.java:756)
at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteStatement.executeUpdateDelete(SQLiteStatement.java:67)
at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteDatabase.updateWithOnConflict(SQLiteDatabase.java:1973)
at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteDatabase.update(SQLiteDatabase.java:1919)
at nl.qbusict.cupboard.DatabaseCompartment$a.update(Unknown Source:2)
at nl.qbusict.cupboard.DatabaseCompartment.update(SourceFile:3)
at com.astonsoft.android.essentialpim.SQLiteRepository.update(SourceFile:6)
at com.astonsoft.android.epimsync.managers.ContactsEPIMManager.i(SourceFile:8)
at com.astonsoft.android.epimsync.managers.ContactsEPIMManager.editTypes(SourceFile:6)
at com.astonsoft.android.epimsync.managers.CommandManager.k(SourceFile:12)
at com.astonsoft.android.epimsync.managers.CommandManager.processXMLCommand(SourceFile:51)
at com.astonsoft.android.epimsync.models.AndroidClient.processNextMessage(SourceFile:5)
at com.astonsoft.android.epimsync.models.AndroidClient.access$1100(Unknown Source:0)
at com.astonsoft.android.epimsync.models.AndroidClient$2.run(SourceFile:28)

Previous version (6.0.11) reinstalled, everything works.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Dierk, if you had a one-way synchronization setup, clearing the sync data can result in duplicates. In order to resolve this, you would need to remove all data from the target side. However, this approach does not apply to two-way sync option.

Ulrich, the issue you're experiencing is different. Could you please provide your AEPIM version number? Additionally, can you specify when exactly you encounter the error?
Ulrich
Novice

Post by Ulrich »

Android Version Number 6.0.12, download via Google Play Store.
The error occurs on the first and all subsequent attempts to synchronize.
One-Way from PC to Android.
Version 6.0.11 works fine.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

To resolve the issue, please follow these steps:
- Uninstall AEPIM from your device (make sure to back up your data before uninstalling).
- Reinstall AEPIMe.
- Open WinEPIM and go to File -> Database Management.
- Clear the sync data in WinEPIM.
- Synchronize the devices with each other.

Following these steps should resolve the issue you are experiencing. If you have any further questions or concerns, please let us know.
Ulrich
Novice

Post by Ulrich »

Doesn't work for me, see picture.
2023-06-12T16-49-39.png
2023-06-12T16-49-39.png (5.7 KiB) Viewed 1331 times
Connection interrupted. Check your connection and try
it again.
Back to Version 6.0.11, no problem.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Please forward the sync log file to us. You can find it by going to Tools->Options, selecting "Logs Folder" in WinEPIM, and looking for the file that begins with "AndroidSync". Thank you!
Ulrich
Novice

Post by Ulrich »

I am using WinEPIM Pro Portable 11.5.2.
There is no file in the "Logs Folder" that starts with "AndroidSync".
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

To enable logging, please follow these steps:
- Click on "Tools" -> "Options" -> "Synchronization"
- Check the checkbox next to "Enable logging"
- Click "OK" to save the changes.
Once logging is enabled, the synchronization process will generate log files that can provide more detailed information about the issue encountered.
Dierk
Expert

Post by Dierk »

admin wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 3:01 pm Dierk, if you had a one-way synchronization setup, clearing the sync data can result in duplicates. In order to resolve this, you would need to remove all data from the target side. However, this approach does not apply to two-way sync option.
Sync between Android Phone and Windows EPim is 2-way. Duplicates show up on the Windows version (but not on Android phone)

Upon checking, the Sync between Win and Chromebook still shows as 2-way - but haven't been running Sync on that device.
(Was hoping to find a method of running 2-way Sync JUST FOR NOTES, while having other entries Sync ONE-Way FROM Win to CB).

The Windows and Phone installs are where most Information is added: had been using the CB strictly to Add NOTES entries, but as those stopped Syncing with Windows it seemed a dead end.

Also have 1-way Sync From Win TO an Android Tablet, intended primarily as a 'back-up' of the Android db version (no data entry on the tablet).
Dierk
Expert

Post by Dierk »

Screen cap of Dups found by EPim Arch/DR utility...

Had removed Nearly all of the duplicate entries just a few weeks ago - using same utility + manually deleting items....

Some calendar entries are even worse: Wife's Bday now shows up as Over 40 Separate Entries - all created on 6/10/23.

Dup Remover (per check boxes) indicates it will remove ABOUT HALF of those....
Attachments
EPIM_CalDups2023-06-13.png
poet-man
Guru

Post by poet-man »

@Dierk
Hope to get you right ....
You can do sync one or two way for one kind of items only by setting up the direct sync accordingly. In the sync setup you can choose what to sync and how