Google contacts sync

Discussion of EssentialPIM for Android and synchronization
vinpug
Expert

Google contacts sync

Post by vinpug »

Hello, my name is Vincenzo and I have been using the Essential Pim Pro since 2010. I have always used wi-fi synchronization with my Android smartphone, often with some problems. Sometimes the number of contacts on the desktop version does not coincide with that of the smartphone, sometimes when you make changes to some names you are unable to update the corresponding name on the smartphone and I'm forced to change it manually. I recently used contacts sync with my google account. I've noticed that since then I've found myself a new group, calling myself MyContacts, under the original Local Contacs group. The two groups have different numbers of contacts. Can the two groups be merged, so as to have only one? Or do you still need two to sync? Or maybe there is a different mode of operation? Thanks for the info.
Best regards
Vincent
admin
Site Admin

Re: Google contacts sync

Post by admin »

The recently released WinEPIM 11.6 version includes a new feature that allows you to synchronize your Google contacts with your local account in WinEPIM. To achieve this, simply remove the old synchronization and add the new one. During the setup process, make sure to select the option to use the local account for contact synchronization. We hope this solution is that you were looking for. Thanks.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
vinpug
Expert

Post by vinpug »

Hello, I followed the instructions of the vs. answer. I deleted the old Google sync and created a new one, making sure I selected local contacts. At the end of the first synchronization, the result is what you can see in the attached image: the groups have become 3. Is there any other solution to the problem?
Thank you.
Vincent
Attachments
contatti.png
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

We're unable to reproduce the issue on our end. To better understand the problem you're experiencing, please create a new test EPIM database file, add a new sync, and record a video of the process. If the issue persists, please share the video with us so that we can investigate further. Thank you for your cooperation.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!