HOWTO create a new contact in AEPIM

Discussion of EssentialPIM for Android and synchronization
poet-man
Guru

HOWTO create a new contact in AEPIM

Post by poet-man »

Hi Support,

this is again a question that meanwhile seems to be a running gag here (for years now):

To make it most simple:
It still is not possible in Android to create a contact right from scratch in AEPIM.
Example:
Phone call coming in; after the call I want to create a new contact to that number. Doing so I can choose between Samsung Account/Tablet/Sim-Card/Google (in the Android contacts-app, which comes up, when tabbing on new contact). That's all. No AEPIM whatsoever.

Of course the option to use EPIM system account is active.

The actions that have to be taken, to get that contact into AEPIM ... well, making happy is quite contrary.
Everything I mention comes out of my experience. I'm not an expert. Feel free to try anything I suggest ... but always at your own risk.
poet-man
Guru

Re: HOWTO create a new contact in AEPIM

Post by poet-man »

@support
any reaction possible?
Everything I mention comes out of my experience. I'm not an expert. Feel free to try anything I suggest ... but always at your own risk.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The feature is still part of our future plans.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
poet-man
Guru

Post by poet-man »

Reading the threads from past, ohne could get the impression, that this feature already is in action and not working properly on some plattforms.
So whenever "future" will be, what would you suggest, is a workaround, to get new contacts into AEPIM with as little effort as possible.
Thanks.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

A workaround, as always, would be either importing or synchronizing. Thanks!
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
poet-man
Guru

Post by poet-man »

As syncronizing is no option as to Android-contacts-app, it's import of vcf files from device.
Please announce as soon as the feature, we described, is about to come into existance.
Thanks.