Introducing EssentialPIM 11.7 Release Candidate 🚀

General talks about EssentialPIM

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

admin
Site Admin

Introducing EssentialPIM 11.7 Release Candidate 🚀

Post by admin »

Hello Everyone,

We are thrilled to unveil EssentialPIM 11.7 Release Candidate, brimming with exciting enhancements designed to elevate your productivity and user experience. Let's dive into what's new:
  • Swiftly add new notes without the need to open a separate dialog window.
  • Choose the optimal location for your list of notes: integrate it within the same column as Smart Lists and Lists, or position it adjacent to them.
  • Seamlessly group emails using a variety of available variables, conveniently located on the right-hand side of the Quick Filter bar.
  • Enjoy enhanced usability with events and tasks dialog windows, which now remember their last-used state, offering you a more personalized workflow.
  • You now have the option to backup your EPIM database file simultaneously locally and on any online services, including EPIM Cloud.
  • Effortlessly switch between comprehensive or streamlined options for tasks and events within their respective dialog windows.
  • Take control over the preservation of event durations when adjusting their date and time settings.
Ready to experience the latest innovations? You can download EssentialPIM 11.7 RC directly from the link down below. If you're already on the Beta update channel (Tools->Options->General, Automatically check for update), simply check for updates within your EPIM application.

Please note that this version won't alter your current database file, granting you the freedom to revert to EPIM 11.6 if desired. While we take precautions, backing up your data is always recommended, especially when exploring RC versions.

We eagerly await your valuable feedback as we fine-tune this release. Your insights play a pivotal role in shaping EssentialPIM's future. Thank you for being an essential part of our journey!

Download now
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
poet-man
Guru

Re: Introducing EssentialPIM 11.7 Release Candidate 🚀

Post by poet-man »

As you know (hope to be right in this forum group) I try to use backup to DB folder and to EPIMcloud at the same time.

On my side THIS happens:
1) I check both checkboxes and click ok (or apply), shut down EPIM and restart it again. After this the second checkbox is not checked any more. If I check it again, click ok, and donot shut down EPIM (just leave options), both hooks will be there. As soon as I shut down EPIM, after this the second checkbox will not be checked anymore again.
2) I also had the situation, that both hooks were lost. So far I didnot find a way to repro this. But as soon as I did update beta 2 to RC1, both hooks were not there anymore.
Everything I mention comes out of my experience. I'm not an expert. Feel free to try anything I suggest ... but always at your own risk.
Texter
Guru

Post by Texter »

Hello,
thank you for still pushing and developing EPIM :)

Sidenote:
German Language In 11.7beta2 was provided with new codes. These are missing in 11.7 RC1.
I just attached them from the beta2 Version to the RC1 Version in the German Language Thread.
https://www.essentialpim.com/forum/view ... 96#p131196
Epim-User since 12/2007 - changed to pro later - never change a running system - now Epim Lifetime.
Running latest* Epim Pro Portable on a Lenovo T14p with Win 10 64bit.
*including RC`s
spoken languages: German / English
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

poet-man, confirm the issue. We appreciate you bringing it to our attention, and we will definitely fix it before the final release version.

Texter, thank you for keeping the language file up to date! :)
Texter
Guru

Post by Texter »

You're welcome
Problem? German Special-Charackters: ÄÖÜ
if i enter a create a Name (ÄÄÄ ÄÄÄ) the Letter "Ä" will not appear in the letterbar. Is it supposed not to appear in the letterbar? Jumping to the Entry ÄÄÄ by klicking on "A" works.
Epim-User since 12/2007 - changed to pro later - never change a running system - now Epim Lifetime.
Running latest* Epim Pro Portable on a Lenovo T14p with Win 10 64bit.
*including RC`s
spoken languages: German / English
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I can confirm that there is an issue, thank you for letting us know about it. We will work on fixing it promptly.