Why do you like EssentialPIM?

General talks about EssentialPIM

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

cdc
Novice

Re: Why do you like EssentialPIM?

Post by cdc »

I like that it's easy and accessible for everyone. On top of that, it's new on the market and I love trying new things.
DanFelix
Novice

Post by DanFelix »

I like EPIM/AEPIM because:
1. It's lean and the designers (hopefully) will keep it that way. Don't need an EPIM version of Outlook or TBird or Lotus Notes or Novell GroupWare.
2. It's not democratic (small d.) The designers are not whiplashed by the incessant superficial requests by a minority of users. The designers have a vision and they have been faithful to it.
3. The company is approachable. Unheard of in today's big-tech world.

IMHO - Dan
Konserv
Novice

Post by Konserv »

EPIM is just better then the alternatives. I have tried to replace EPIM but I keep comming back to it since it does the same job as the alternatives, only better.

A few things I like is:
ICAL subscriptions
Sync options, Nextcloud etc.
GUI is consistent over the modules and all the PIM-things are in one program
Stable
That I can (have) buy a lifetime license.
Lee S
Beta Team

Post by Lee S »

Everyday I find something new in EPIM, something or some option I truly like. I can sort upcoming calendar or tasks in some fashion that no other application has the ability to do. Meanwhile doing a separate search. It is just so flexible and versatile. TY
Konserv
Novice

Post by Konserv »

Because from Version 12 it is spyware.
ecsaltz
Guru

Post by ecsaltz »

Konserv wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 9:40 pm Because from Version 12 it is spyware.
What evidence do you have that it is spyware?
PC Desktop: Window 11 Pro, 34 inch 4K monitor.
Cell phone: Verizon Wireless Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra, Android 12 - linked with Garmin Fenix 6 Pro wrist watch and Fitbit Sense wrist watch.
Konserv
Novice

Post by Konserv »

ecsaltz wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 10:32 pm
Konserv wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 9:40 pm Because from Version 12 it is spyware.
What evidence do you have that it is spyware?
It's not real spyware, that is me overreacting and that term should be reserved for actual spyware, but the "send "anonomys" data" is really, really bad for a program that was once proud to be "No prism". I did no further inspection of what data was being sent but instead rage reversed to the older version.
Trying out new software I always do in a controlled enviroment inside a Virtual machine. But for EPIM I used the autoupdate feature because EPIM has had a good reputation and I have always trusted EPIM, that ofcource has now changed.

I wrote about it here viewtopic.php?t=38719
a8907433
Guru

Post by a8907433 »

I think this data about usage of programm is a good thing! In my case they would see for esxample, that I never erver use tasks. If there are more people not using tasks, perhaps they will not give such a strong focus on tasks an rather focus for example, on notes? I don´t think they will spy any private data with usages statistics.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

You're absolutely right, a8907433. By opting in to anonymized data collection, users are helping us make EssentialPIM even better! This data provides valuable insights into general usage patterns and trends. By understanding what features users rely on most, we can prioritize development efforts and ensure we're building the functionalities that matter most to our users.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
louis-xiv

Post by louis-xiv »

I use epim since -at the time I was selecting my PIM- other solutions created duplicated entries, forgot entries, or modified times based on other time zones. epim never created such duplicated entries.