Making Free version the standard mail handler

If you are using Free version, please post your questions here. Please note, Free version support is done on a low priority basis.

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

Urviech

Making Free version the standard mail handler

Post by Urviech »

Using Win10 Pro x86 22H2 and EssentialPIM Free 11.7.3

Originally downloaded as EssentialPIM Pro, I had no problem making it the standard mail handler on my system since ESSENTIALPIM.EXE was offered in Windows Settings. Everything went fine then, Pro version, identifyable by three different coloured stripes in its icon, launched.

Recently, however, Pro version's evaluation period expired. It seems to me that from that point on kind of chain reaction happens when EPIM is launched: Pro version's EXE file would still be fired first but now remaining completely invisual. Of course, it will recognize evaluation period's expiration and then launch Free version's EXE file named ESSENTIALPIM_FREE.EXE.

But right here trouble begins: After the latter started (can be identified by three blue stripes in its icon), it's gonna tell me that it's not yet set to be the standard mail handler while :o giving the option of opening Windows settings. If I do so, EPIM Pro's entry will show up, but I can't change to Essential PIM Free since there's no entry for.

As I don't want to turn off the standard mail handler check at program's startup, I do hope that there might be a hack for making Free version the standard mail handler though. So any suggestion would be welcome...
admin
Site Admin

Re: Making Free version the standard mail handler

Post by admin »

Thank you for bringing the problem to our attention. We will thoroughly investigate it and ensure that a fix is included in the next program update.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!