Suggestion: Schedule updates

Your suggestions for future versions of EssentialPIM

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

lif

Suggestion: Schedule updates

Post by lif »

I find the frequent updates to be annoying, especially since I use more than one device. I'd love to see a way to schedule the update notifications so that notices of them wouldn't come the moment I turn a device on but rather at a set time, such as at the end of my work day.
DavidN
Guru

Re: Suggestion: Schedule updates

Post by DavidN »

First time I have ever heard a complaint on a software having too many updates. I for one appreciate the EPIM team making so many updates to this software. Seen in mature greatly over the years as a result.
lif

Post by lif »

DavidN wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:15 pm First time I have ever heard a complaint on a software having too many updates. I for one appreciate the EPIM team making so many updates to this software. Seen in mature greatly over the years as a result.
I have no complaint about the updates, I just would prefer to have more control over receiving the notifications of those updates. It's a minor irritation at best, I know. But still, when I'm in a hurry and click on EPIM I don't want to have to close the screen notifying me of updates so often. If I don't update just then I get the notification every time I start EPIM again. Like I said, a minor irritation but it's real.
Lee S
Beta Team

Post by Lee S »

This may not be what you are looking for but here is what I do to control the updates. I turn off the auto updates and monitor my emails telling me when the software is updated. Then I can make my choice as to when and how I allow the update to occur. It also gives me a chance to backup my software in more detail before doing it. You may forget this way, but if you setup a task to do after the email notification you should have that covered. Hope this helps.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Unfortunately, there's currently no option available to change the frequency of checking for updates (EPIM currently checks once every two weeks). However, we will consider introducing this feature if more users support the idea. Thanks!
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
Lee S
Beta Team

Post by Lee S »

Then are you telling me that even though I have this option/check box UNCHECKED it still checks and notifies me??
Essential Pro Portable 11.8.2
Thank You
Screenshot 2024-01-29 153700.png
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Once the "Auto check for updates" option is disabled, EPIM will no longer check for updates automatically.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!