Reminders don't work

Support related problems and questions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

aurio
Novice

Reminders don't work

Post by aurio »

Hello,

i am a new EPIM User and use EPIM Pro Business 11.8.2 with Firebird DB and 2 User for about 2 weeks now.

When i activate a reminder on calender or tasks, everything is looking good on both PCs/Users. They are marked with the bell icon (both PC/Users) but when the reminder should be activated, nothing happens. Reminders Window comes not up and keeps also empty manually opend. This was tested on LOCAL calender and tasks. It doesn't matter what kind of reminder is activated, message OR mail, message AND mail, sadly not working.

If i set a reminder in a Outlook.com sycronised calender, which is also sycronised with Outlook (application), Outlook reminds me as expected at the correct time - BUT EPIM again keeps silent.

Side note: New Mails are shown in EPIM and Windows taskbar correctly.
EPIM Pro 11.8.4 Business Edition - 3 Users - Network
Language: German/English
admin
Site Admin

Re: Reminders don't work

Post by admin »

Please create a new test EPIM database file, then create a test event in it, set a reminder, and check if it works. Let us know the outcome of the test. Thank you!
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
aurio
Novice

Re: Reminders don't work

Post by aurio »

I created a new EPIM database "Test", connected it with both PCs and created a local calender event as well as a task with reminder. Worked!

After I reconnected my original database, everything worked instantly on both PCs - even after a restart of all machines. Strange thing, I will keep an eye on it :)
EPIM Pro 11.8.4 Business Edition - 3 Users - Network
Language: German/English