Frustrated and lost data!

Your suggestions for future versions of EssentialPIM

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

bobmac1547
Guru

Frustrated and lost data!

Post by bobmac1547 »

I was keeping a record open for a while as I progressively added notes from my dictations. (Once I add the note, I delete the dictation which is then unrecoverable.) I must have had several hundred words written in the contact record when the program crashed. So I lost all my work. And since the dictations and thoughts were unrecoverable, I truly lost it all.

Had there been a SAVE button without the closing of the window, this would not have happened.

I have asked before, yet nothing has been done: Again, PLEASE add a button to the contact window to SAVE the record without closing it. Programmatically, it's insanely simple to do. You already have SAVE AND NEW. It's not a huge leap to add a simple SAVE button and leave the window open.

This has happened to me several times and it's starting to become more than annoying. It's starting to become a show-stopper for me. I don't know how many others are having the same experience, but I know that I, for one, can't tolerate it much longer. If I don't see the save button soon, I'll be leaving EPIM for another program that does not have this issue. (There are many!)

Max! Are you listening?????
I measure a good day by how little I fell behind.

Quick! Hire a teenager while they still know everything!
admin
Site Admin

Re: Frustrated and lost data!

Post by admin »

Thank you for the suggestion, although we would much prefer to address the cause (which is a crash) of the issue, rather than dealing with the consequences that stem from it. Please mention your EPIM version number and the error message you received. Thank you!
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
bobmac1547
Guru

Post by bobmac1547 »

EPIM version 11.8.3
There was no error message. The application just closed and I lost everything.

Even if you fix whatever bugs occurred, there really should be a "save & Keep Open" button just as you have a "Save & New" button.

Why is there such reluctance to have it? Please be honest about it.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

It seems very unlikely that the application simply closes without showing any messages first. How frequently does the problem occur on your end? Have you noticed any patterns that could potentially lead to such behavior?
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
bobmac1547
Guru

Post by bobmac1547 »

It was only once that it closed without an error message. The rest of the times there's always a message and I send that report to you.