how to add new tasks to bottom of the list?

Support related problems and questions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

Ipim19
Expert

how to add new tasks to bottom of the list?

Post by Ipim19 »

Tasks Module: right now, when i add new tasks , they are added at the top of the tasklist. How can I set it so that new tasks are added at the bottom?
I think I saw an option... but I might mix it up with another app ; )

EDIT: I forgot to mention that this happens only when adding the new task with "Save & New"

EDIT2: While I am at it... I was just playing around a bit with this and noticed something.
When in the Task Module > Tree View > HIGHLIGHTING A CATEGORY > opening an existing task with double click > clicking save & new > editing new Task > clicking ok. >>> the newly created Task does not show up in the active list. Everything is created in Local Tasks
Not a big deal,... But I thought I'd mention it ; )
admin
Site Admin

Re: how to add new tasks to bottom of the list?

Post by admin »

Newly created tasks will appear in the list based on the sorting option. If no sorting option is active, they will appear at the top.

Regarding EDIT2, please provide further details on where and how you highlight a category.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
Ipim19
Expert

Post by Ipim19 »

admin wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:33 pm Regarding EDIT2, please provide further details on where and how you highlight a category.
SORRY! I mixed up List with Category in the previous post! (I thought I already had corrected it while I edited the post yesterday)

I am in "Tasks" Mode. On the left side of the Screen are "Smart Lists" and below these are "Local Tasks". If I right click on "local Tasks" I can add additional Lists. These are the Lists I was referring to - not Categories.

I hope this cleared it up.

Thank you
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thank you for the clarification. When you create a task, do you assign it an attribute, such as the highest category, so that it should then appear in one of the smart lists (such as "Important") that you create it in?
Ipim19
Expert

Post by Ipim19 »

admin wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:25 pm Thank you for the clarification. When you create a task, do you assign it an attribute, such as the highest category, so that it should then appear in one of the smart lists (such as "Important") that you create it in?
...no, not that I know of!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

This could be the reason why you're not seeing a task under a certain smart list.
Ipim19
Expert

Post by Ipim19 »

Thank you!!! : )