Save or transfer personal GUI settings

Support related problems and questions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

aurio
Novice

Save or transfer personal GUI settings

Post by aurio »

Hello,

is it possible to save personal settings like colums, colors, calender positions/squence top->down etc.?

And if so, is it possible to transfer it to anther installation or user? I am using EPIM 11.8.2 Business in a network environment and like to have a kind of template so EPIM looks equal on every installation with my own presets?
EPIM Pro 11.8.4 Business Edition - 3 Users - Network
Language: German/English
admin
Site Admin

Re: Save or transfer personal GUI settings

Post by admin »

Some of the settings are stored in the EPIM.ini file (please search your PC for it), and some are in the database file for a specific user/account.

Please check if you are able to achieve what you are looking for with EPIM.ini. If not, please let us know which settings you would like to add to the equation so that they can be transferable to other users. Thank you!
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
aurio
Novice

Post by aurio »

Thank you for the suggestion. Unfortunately, it doesn't produce the desired result.

In the meantime I've experimented a bit, the settings are stored in the database I think, and when I log in to different workstations, for example with USER1, all the settings are the same on each machine.

But I would like the settings of USER1 to also have USER2 and USER3, for example, so that they all work with the same settings.
Here I mean, for example, the position and width of the columns for tasks, or colors for the calendar and such things.

At the moment, in order for everything to look the same, I have to make every arrangement and every change individually on each machine if I want all users to have the same view.
EPIM Pro 11.8.4 Business Edition - 3 Users - Network
Language: German/English
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Understood, thank you for the additional explanation. We will consider implementing such a feature in the future versions of EPIM.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!