Selective Synchronisation

General talks about EssentialPIM

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

AlanNP
Novice

Selective Synchronisation

Post by AlanNP »

Hello,

When sychronising EPIM Windows and EPIM Android is it necessary to synchronise all the contacts or can we just work with a group of contacts?

Alan.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Selective Synchronisation

Post by admin »

If you mark contact groups you don't need to synchronize as private and then ensure the "include private items in synchronization" feature is disabled in Tools -> Options -> Security, you can customize your sync of groups as you prefer. Thanks!
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
AlanNP
Novice

Post by AlanNP »

Admin,

That sounds doable, thanks,

Alan.
AlanNP
Novice

Post by AlanNP »

Admin,
In case the image doesn't show I have a root group called 'Local Contacts' and two groups hanging off it called 'Christmas Cards' and 'Phone'.

I've run into a problem setting up my Phone group as the only non-private group in Essential PIM Windows. I can set 'Christmas Cards' to private status but not 'Local Contacts'. Doesn't this mean that all the contacts in 'Local Contacts', ie all the contacts I have, will be synchronised with Android?
Alan.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Local contacts isn't really a group, it's an account where all the local contacts are stored. If you want to disable certain local contacts from synchronization, you also need to mark them as private.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
AlanNP
Novice

Post by AlanNP »

Admin,
Thanks, I can do that,
Alan.
M&M
Experienced

Post by M&M »

The synchronization of data is unfortunately no longer user-friendly with account-oriented data management in all modules, as synchronization targets for individual data records can no longer be defined individually by the user.

Some time ago, I presented my proposals for a user-friendly EPIM in the attached PDF file. In the section on appointments, I explained my proposal for individual appointment management and appointment synchronization, which could also be applied to contact management.

Regards M&M
Attachments
A user-friendly EPIM.pdf
(1.47 MiB) Downloaded 4 times