Reinstall does not copy all events back to Android

Discussion of EssentialPIM for Android and synchronization
Loopy
Novice

Reinstall does not copy all events back to Android

Post by Loopy »

I mistakenly posted this in the less priority forum, so re-posting here as I am using a PRO version.

I am running ePim Pro 6.0.17 on Android v14 Oppo Find N2 Flip (ColorOS 14.0).
I have 2 way synced for many years without issue, I recently upgraded my pc seemingly without incident.
Then I noticed new events created on Win11 ePim 11.8.4 were not syncing to my mobile, but would sync the other way.
So I first purged the data on my mobile and tried to one way sync from the pc but very few events were copied.
Then I uninstalled and reinstalled ePim on my mobile, deleted and re-created my Android synchronisation, and did a complete one way sync from the pc and still very few events are copied. I think it is a category issue as all passwords, tasks, contacts were copied no problem and I only use categories in the calendar. I do have all categories enabled in the filter setup on my mobile.
Help, please, thank you.
Loopy
Novice

Re: Reinstall does not copy all events back to Android

Post by Loopy »

Update: I think my problem has to do with categories:
  • I again uninstalled and reinstalled ePIM PRO on my mobile
  • I deleted and added a new syncronisation on ePIM Desktop
  • I ran a one way sync from EPIM Desktop to Android for all past & future events
  • Almost all events did not copy from ePIM to Android, and I cannot see a pattern for those that did
  • All recently added events to the ePIM Desktop are deleted
  • The list of categories in Manage Categories on the mobile appears to have at least doubled itself and they are all selected under Filter Categories
  • Now when I print a calendar from ePIM desktop it does not print the category background colours that appear on the screen (it used to), all events are black type on white background with red date numbers for weekend days
I really hope that you have a solution for me, it is proving very difficult to not have my calendar diary on my phone when booking appointments.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Please try using a regular two-way sync option. Also, ensure that you select the correct local calendar for synchronization when setting up a new WinEPIM-Android EPIM sync.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
Loopy
Novice

Post by Loopy »

I performed the first new sync one way to copy all my events from the desktop ePIM down to my mobile, thereafter I would normally do a 2 way sync.
I think the clue is in the calendar, in that I now see my new laptop screen resolution is squashing the calendar drop down menu in the syncronisation options window, such that I didn't notice it is defaulting to calendar 1.
I am trying to change it to select local calendars but it keeps defaulting to calendar 1 and no matter what screen scale or resolution %age I try the drop down remains squashed and I cannot change the selection.
Is there another remedy I can try?

Pending hearing back from you I performed another mobile reinstall but this time did a 2 way sync - same result, double the number of categories (identical names) in the Manage Categories settings and hardly any events copied down to my mobile.
I see that my local calendar is Calendar 1, and it is the only calendar I use, I do not sync to Google or Dropbox or any other calendar service, so Calendar 1 is the default.
I am back to square one
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Please forward the sync log file to us. You can locate it by navigating to Tools -> Options, selecting "Logs Folder," and identifying the file that starts with "AndroidSync." Additionally, please provide the names of a few events that were synchronized successfully and a few events that were not.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!