Hierarchical Note Tracker and Organiser

This forum lists success stories of EPIM users. If you find EPIM useful- welcome to post here!
Chris
Beta Team

Hierarchical Note Tracker and Organiser

Post by Chris »

One of my many uses of EPIM is to keep track of all my little notes of things to do and ideas. It beats the 500 odd pieces of paper that were lying around on my desk! Another great thing is that I can add relevant documents as attachments to the note.

I also keep a list of all the different websites, newsgroups, forums and Newsletters I am subscribed to with their relevant logins, passwords etc...

Here is a portion of what my notes look like:
Attachments
useepim.PNG
useepim.PNG (44.21 KiB) Viewed 12843 times
This is my free news ticker software. that allows you to subscribe to any RSS feed you want.
salcedok
Novice

Post by salcedok »

Thanks for the look at what "notes" is capable of. This is the only part of EPIM I don't use. I had not seen the valuse in it before.

Are all the Icons part of the Notes function? If not how did you include them?
Chris
Beta Team

Post by Chris »

Hi salcedok,

To answer your questions, yes the "icons" are part of the application.

You get the option of selecting the icon when you create the note - or you can right click on the note item
and select "modify".

Unfortunately you are limited to the 40+ icons that come with the application and you can't customize
them with your own icons .... yet (I hope). I say I hope because I recall that it has been a feature request
from quite a few people to (incl. me) to have the ability to select your own icons.
This is my free news ticker software. that allows you to subscribe to any RSS feed you want.
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

We have now put "adding icons by users" into our to-do list.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
Chris
Beta Team

Post by Chris »

Great news Max and I'm looking forward to it.

By the way, version 2 is looking very good!

Regards,
Chris