trial v. 2.81 network feature not available

Business edition tips, tricks, problems and discussions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

nachtwache
Novice

trial v. 2.81 network feature not available

Post by nachtwache »

Hallo, ...installed EssentialPIM Pro Net vers. 2.81 on a custom-network for testing.
serverinstallation works fine but on clientside I get an error like '...you need a network license to connect....' when trying to connect to database - the problem ist, that specially the networkfeatures should be tested with the Networkversion, shouldn't it? ...any help for me?

ServerOs: Windows Server 2003
ClientOS: XP prof SP3
:?
Max
Site Admin

Re: trial v. 2.81 network feature not available

Post by Max »

Hello,

please make sure you are the only one connecting to the database. Trial version should allow single connection to the database.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
nachtwache
Novice

Post by nachtwache »

okay, this works; but now how to test the networkfeature (things like what happens if two clients are working on the same calendarentry or if there is an open reminder and another client is changing the time and so on ....)
anyway thank you for your prompt reply
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

I have sent you a PM with a temporary Network key.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
wizette

Post by wizette »

Max wrote:I have sent you a PM with a temporary Network key.
I am in the same predicament. I am evaluating this product for home use for my wife & I to use as our shared PIM resource at home. However, whilst I like what I've seen so far, I'd like to evaluate how it handles conflicts e.g. both of us entering information at the same time, how quickly does a change made by one of us appear on the others client, ...

Is there any way to temporarily extend this to a 2 concurrent user licence so that it can be evaulated properly? (I would even suggest that this should be the norm for the evaluation product as I am sure I am not the only person with this issue)

TYIA
mrjohnpwalker
Novice

Post by mrjohnpwalker »

Hello!

Please PM me a temporary network key so that I, too, may evaluate the network feature before making a purchase decision. I already like everything else, so, if the network feature works as expected, you will soon have a another happy customer.

Thank-you!

John Walker
-----------------------------------------
EPIM Pro 3.21 Desktop Network
Windows Vista Home Premium SP2