Changeover from XP to Windows 7 and EPIM 2 to EPIM 3

If you are using Free version, please post your questions here. Please note, Free version support is done on a low priority basis.

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

Kitty

Changeover from XP to Windows 7 and EPIM 2 to EPIM 3

Post by Kitty »

Hi all

I have recently switched over from Windows XP to Windows 7 and at the same time downloaded EPIM 3 (free version) to replace version 2 which I had previously worked from. I don't seem to be able to open the EPIM data I have on USB stick now on the new PC. (I have this on stick so that I can access my calendar from different work stations.)

NB I have enabled "run this programme in compatibility mode for Windows XP (service pack 3)"

Can anyone help?

Many thanks, Kitty K
Max
Site Admin

Re: Changeover from XP to Windows 7 and EPIM 2 to EPIM 3

Post by Max »

Hi,

maybe I could help if you give more details. It is not clear why you can not open. Why do you think so? What error message you get? What do you see?
Maxim,
EPIM Team
Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Hi Maxim

Thanks for getting back to me. The error message is "unsupported on-disc structure for file F:\Essential PIM\KITTY CALENDAR.EPIM; found 32779, support 10".

Kitty
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

Thanks. In the F:\Essential PIM\ folder ther should be file with a ...backup...name in it. It has also a date when you started using 3.x version.
Can you please send this database to us at ma@essential...
Maxim,
EPIM Team