EPIM 4.53 Notes

If you are using Free version, please post your questions here. Please note, Free version support is done on a low priority basis.

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

Baldrum
Novice

EPIM 4.53 Notes

Post by Baldrum »

G'day folks ...

I use EPIM Notes to record a daily journal. Today, after writing a heap of stuff for Friday 3 February, I must have hit a key (blaming myself because I don't believe what happened was a bug) and all my entries for February disappeared - some of them pretty important.

So I tried the "undo" feature without success. I then tried to open the backup database whose date and time was just before the problem above occurred. It didn't open and the following message was displayed:

The procedure entry point ?countFactories@ICUService@icu_3_0@@IBEJx2 could not be located in the dynamic link library icuuc30.dll.

I clicked on ok and the message blinked on again with a further message saying "EPIM not responding" so had to click on "end process".

Any clues how to recover? Is this a bug?
I'm not a complete idiot - several parts are missing.
Max
Site Admin

Re: EPIM 4.53 Notes

Post by Max »

Hello,

what module do you use to make a daily journal? As far as I can see, Undo works almost everywhere.
As regards restoring backup- that's a good idea. For that, download a Portable Free version and install it into a separate folder, then open it and open backup file from this version of EPIM.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
Baldrum
Novice

Post by Baldrum »

Hi Max,

Did exactly what you suggested but when I tried to open the backup file it failed with the same message as in my first post, Entry Point Not Found, except the last 3 letters were JXZ. When I click on the OK button, the message blinks and reappears. The only way to stop it is to kill the program.

In notes I create a file for each month, then add my journal entries. I have 5 years worth. I use my journals to create a monthly newsletter.

Cheers,
Ken
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

This is strange. Does it happen to every backup? We can try to fix the database if needed, you can send it to ma@essential...
Maxim,
EPIM Team
Baldrum
Novice

Post by Baldrum »

Thanks Max. Yes it happens with all the backups I tried. I've recreated the entries I made from memory (which means less than half the original :( ).
In future I will keep a copy of the database on my portable version.
Thanks for trying anyway.

Cheers

Ken