Google 同步出现 HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden

Post by zhangbody »

同步时好时坏,难道是GWF的问题?
Max
Site Admin

Re: Google 同步出现 HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden

Post by Max »

Hello,

usually the reason for this ire incorrect login and password for the Google service.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
cyplaysoft

Post by cyplaysoft »

zhangbody wrote:同步时好时坏,难道是GWF的问题?
由于Google 不作恶的原则导致其退出中国并且所有的产品一直受到中国大陆政府的GFW限制,对于其他大中华区的EPIM用户,例如中国台湾的用户,他们使用EPIM 同步Google 账户一切正常。
所以,对于中国大陆用户,出现这种情况我们只能说很遗憾。
PlaySoft 玩软件吧 - EssentialPIM 大中华区授权总代理
http://playsoft.taobao.com
nkII
Novice

Post by nkII »

I'm having a problem with 2 way sync between EPIM and Google Calendar. I can one way sync from EPIM to Google Calendar. Each time I attempt to 2 way sync I get the error message HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden. My login is correct and so is my password. I know this because I can access igoogle and the calendar using the login and password that I usewith EPIM Google Sync. Any suggestions? Thanks! Nick
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

I can not comment. Error 403 is sent by Google and it means that Google does not allow synchronization. It may be connected to your IP or some block, if you are sure you are using correct login and password.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
nkII
Novice

Post by nkII »

I ran some tests to see which of the sync's was creating the error message. It is the sync of "To Do" module that is producing the error. When I uncheck it the sync runs. However, I have noticed that some appointments in calendar do not sync into Google Calendar and that in some cases the "time" of the appointment changes. I know that you stated Google is not allowing the sync but I'm not sure I understand the basis of your observation since everything else is syncing with Google. Is there any possibility that there is a problem with the EPRIM database as I've had problems with it from time to time? I have used EPRIM sync application in the past to sync between eprim databases and these have failed. What is the best way for me to transfer the data in my "old" EPRIM database into a "new" EPRIM database while preserving my repeating appointments? Many thanks!
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

Yes, that is in line with my earlier comments. Google does not allow to synchronize To Do for you (in Google called Tasks).
You can synchronize your database into a new one by using EPIM Sync (free): http://www.essentialpim.com/?r=products&pr=epimsync
However, that will not fix the Error 403 (if you are still getting exactly this error)
Maxim,
EPIM Team
nkII
Novice

Post by nkII »

Thank you for your very fast reply. However, I am confused. What would be different from the Calendar, Notes, and Contacts sync from the To Do sync? I use the same user name and password login at Google to access the Google counterparts for each of these modules.

I have resolved the sync problem with Google. I have EPIM Sync. I created an empty EPIM database. I then ran EPIM Sync syncing from the "old" EPIM database to the "new" EPIM database. The sync was successful. I then opened the new EPIM database and sync'd with Google and this time the sync ran perfectly for all the EPIM modules. From what I can tell the problem isn't with Google. I believe that EPIM needs a database repair utility as I believe the EPIM database was corrupt and the only way to fix it was to sync the "data" out of the corrupt database.
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

Google Docs, Contacts and Tasks are different services.
Glad you have resolved the problem, but 403 error can not be caused by corrupt database. Maybe you were seeing another error in the end.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
nkII
Novice

Post by nkII »

Perhaps, but the error message was what it was though there might have been an additional(s) errors for which codes were not produced. However, I'm a believer in correlation and nothing else was done other than to create a new database, transfer the data into the new database, sync, and the error disappeared. I do know that if a sync program checks data or the receiving database tests data for data type, etc criteria and they don't match the program that catches the error will stop the process.
nkII
Novice

Post by nkII »

It seems that I just cannot get away from problems syncing EPIM and Google. I seem to have resolved the old error message problem but now I'm having problems with duplicates after syncing EPIM and Google. The duplicates can appear in either the EPIM calendar or the Google Calendar. I've gone in and deleted all of the Google related calendars and deleted the entries in the "main" Google calendar. I've viewed the calendar and there are no entries. After the initial sync process I sync several more times and end up with duplicates. How do I address this problem.

Finally, I have a question about the question in Options/Synchronization/Google where it reads, "Allow to create calendars in Google for each of EPIM categories". What is the reason for this option? I've done it both ways and it seems that creating calendars in Google for each EPIM category is filled with peril!

Many thanks again for your help!
nkII
Novice

Post by nkII »

Hi!

I did some research and it is my understanding that several months ago Google implemented Google Calendar API v3. Is EPIM using this version of the API for sync? If not EPIM Google sync will not work correctly.

Thanks!

Nick
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

nkII wrote:It seems that I just cannot get away from problems syncing EPIM and Google. I seem to have resolved the old error message problem but now I'm having problems with duplicates after syncing EPIM and Google. The duplicates can appear in either the EPIM calendar or the Google Calendar. I've gone in and deleted all of the Google related calendars and deleted the entries in the "main" Google calendar. I've viewed the calendar and there are no entries. After the initial sync process I sync several more times and end up with duplicates. How do I address this problem.

Finally, I have a question about the question in Options/Synchronization/Google where it reads, "Allow to create calendars in Google for each of EPIM categories". What is the reason for this option? I've done it both ways and it seems that creating calendars in Google for each EPIM category is filled with peril!

Many thanks again for your help!
You need to delete the sync cache (File-> Database management-> Clear Google cache) Then sync will not create duplicates.
"Allow to create calendars in Google for each of EPIM categories"- if unchecked, EPIM does not create Calendars for each EPIM category. To test this, better create a new database.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
nkII
Novice

Post by nkII »

I've deleted the sync cache several times and have deleted the Google calendars as well. Still get duplicates and duplicates that are set for a different time.

I have used both create calendars for EPIM categories and not creating the categories. I'm trying to determine what the advantage or disadvantage is for creating multiple calendars (one for each categories). The latter doesn't seem to make any sense.

Thanks!

Nick
Donde

Post by Donde »

If you are have problems with the 403 Forbidden error just turn off the 2 step verification in goggle and epim will sync