Sync Problems: Calendar and Contacts

Discussion of EssentialPIM for Android and synchronization
betaner

Sync Problems: Calendar and Contacts

Post by betaner »

Hi,
I am using essential pim pro portable since many years and so far I was very happy. Since I am using an android smart phone trouble started.

I am using: Samsung Note N7000 (android 4)
Essential Pim Pro 5 rc1 and current android epim app

May problem are following:
1. the android sync does not work for contact sync
If I choose in sync options contacts and start sync the status in the pop up window does not change. So I need to cancel the sync.

2. The calendar sync stops at 3/4 of status
I also need to cancel the sync for calendar. After cancel only some dates are synchronized.

3. The synchronization created many double entries of appointments

Because I would like to avoid google calendar I prefer the direct sync of pim. But it seems that there is a problem with the samsung note.
Previously I used the google sync options. The synchronization worked. But also here over time many double, triple... entries were created.

I would really appreciate some advice or idea on this. At the moment I can not use essential pim in an beneficial way.

Thanks a lot.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Sync Problems: Calendar and Contacts

Post by admin »

Please forward us a log file to epimsupport[at]essentialpim... (or simply send me a PM here in the forum), will be able to look trough it and see what's wrong with the synchronization. You can find the log file here:
C:\Users\YourWindowsUsername\AppData\Roaming\EssentialPIM Pro\Logs
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
betaner

Post by betaner »

Hi,

Thanks a lot for quick response. The log-file says following:

2012.06.17 16:57:10.744 EssentialPIM Pro Portable v. 5.0 RC1 15.06.2012 17:36
2012.06.17 16:57:10.749 Server started at port 21114
2012.06.17 16:57:10.750 Local IP address(es):
2012.06.17 16:57:10.921 192.168.0.119
2012.06.17 16:57:40.908 Client 192.168.0.104 connected
2012.06.17 16:57:40.945 Received message from client
2012.06.17 16:57:40.951 XML Parsed
2012.06.17 16:57:40.952 InfoReceived
2012.06.17 16:57:41.053 Requesting contacts...
2012.06.17 16:57:41.188 Received message from client
2012.06.17 16:57:41.191 XML Parsed
2012.06.17 16:57:41.198 XML Parsed
2012.06.17 16:57:41.199 Requesting data...
2012.06.17 17:09:03.940 Server stopped

Because status does not move at all I stopped sync. I waited 15 min until I stopped. If i choose in option to sync contacts. It does not move at all. If I remove contact sync from options log file like attached file.

Thanks a lot. If you need some more info let me know!
Attachments
settings and non-moving status
settings and non-moving status
setttings.JPG (59.27 KiB) Viewed 10251 times
AndroidSync_2012_06_17_17_16_38.log
log without contact sync
(14.12 KiB) Downloaded 311 times
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks for the detailed info. May I ask you to download a bit updated APK file from here:
http://www.essentialpim.com/download/te ... ialPIM.apk
and then install it onto your device. After that, please try to synchronize only the Contacts module. The updated app will create epim_log.txt file in the root of your SD card. Forward it to us. Thanks very much.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Also your attached log file shows that there were some problems with synchronization of passwords? If yes, how many password entries are there, in your EPIM database file? You can find this number in File->Database Management.
betaner

Post by betaner »

There are 280 passwords in the database.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks! Now, please try to exclude Contacts and Passwords from synchronization and try again. Will it work without any issues?
betaner

Post by betaner »

I removed passwords and contacts from sync options. The sync procedure completes without error or that I have to cancel it. But since yesterday the calender is not synchronized. On the samsung note may be 20 % of appointments are on. All other are missing. On the pim pro portable all dates are still there. Attached you can find the log file. Hope we can work this out. Thanks so far for your help.
Attachments
AndroidSync_2012_06_19_19_19_46.log
log file without passwords, contacts. calendar appointments are not synced
(13.32 KiB) Downloaded 294 times
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks, are all these 80% of appointments new in EPIM? Please also try to clear the synchronization data (click on File->Database Management, select Android and click on the Clear button). Meanwhile, we're working on the issues with Contacts and Passwords not being able to synchronize properly, so please keep them excluded from the sync process for a whole.
NoteIILTE
Experienced

Post by NoteIILTE »

betaner wrote:Hi,
I am using essential pim pro portable since many years and so far I was very happy. Since I am using an android smart phone trouble started.

I am using: Samsung Note N7000 (android 4)
Essential Pim Pro 5 rc1 and current android epim app

May problem are following:
1. the android sync does not work for contact sync
If I choose in sync options contacts and start sync the status in the pop up window does not change. So I need to cancel the sync.

2. The calendar sync stops at 3/4 of status
I also need to cancel the sync for calendar. After cancel only some dates are synchronized.

3. The synchronization created many double entries of appointments

Because I would like to avoid google calendar I prefer the direct sync of pim. But it seems that there is a problem with the samsung note.
Previously I used the google sync options. The synchronization worked. But also here over time many double, triple... entries were created.

I would really appreciate some advice or idea on this. At the moment I can not use essential pim in an beneficial way.

Thanks a lot.
I am having the #3 problem with my Samsung Note II LTE. I am not only getting double entries of appointment, some entry had even 41 duplicate entries. Lucky that I have backed up my DB before sync with the Samsung. Will EPIM support let me know when and where will a fix be available?

William
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The should be any duplicates in the first place. If there's, please forward us the log file which you can find in:
Thanks!
paulg
Novice

Post by paulg »

I'm also getting problem #3 using ZTE Blade, the contacts on the phone are not effected, duplicates are formed on epim, I'll forward a log file to you.
Paul
Paul
--------------------------------
http://www.ipgphotography.com
----------------------------------
EssentialPim-Pro, Windows10 64bit
Dr. Richard Williams
Novice

Post by Dr. Richard Williams »

I am using the Pro version with my Motorola Android Bionic. As you may know, this week Verizon updated the Android system from version 2.3.4 to 4.0.4. Your program is now very unstable. It deletes all of the calendar events on the phone and usually on the desktop program. If it does not delete the entries on the desktop program it nearly always resets the calendar categories to "none."

I am constantly making backup copies on the desktop and doing save as to avoid losing information. I have done searches on the internet and found that the OS 4.0.4 has issues and I plan to call Verizon to see when they will update the phones to 4.1 which I am told is very stable.

Do you have any suggestions. I need the sync to work yet be stable.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Dr. Richard Williams, I'd suggest to clear up the sync data in File->Database Management then closer to the dialog bottom select Android from the drop down list (if not selected already) and click on the Clear button. After that make a 2-way sync and you should be good to go. Please let me know if you continue experience any issues after that.
NoteIILTE
Experienced

Post by NoteIILTE »

admin wrote:The should be any duplicates in the first place. If there's, please forward us the log file which you can find in:
Thanks!
Here is the logs.

I noted there is this IP address: 169.254.35.204 in the log but my DHCP did not assign this address.

One more problem: I do have duplicate entries in the Samsung Contact list and I reckon this is due to the fact that if I have a entry appear both ina group and its subgroup, then the entry will be duplicated on the phone. I would love EssentialPro to build-in extra logic to filter this out. Thanks.

I must say EPIM is a killer program on the desktop but the sync is still far to be useful. I do hope that your android version contain your own contact list (maintaining the group/subgroup relationship) and that the phone can access it to perform dialing, Whatsapp and e-mail.

William
Attachments
AndroidSync_2012_11_06_21_28_21.log
Multiple logs
(305 Bytes) Downloaded 284 times