Sync Problem - Dupicate Calendar Entries

Discussion of EssentialPIM for Android and synchronization
JohnWho
Novice

Sync Problem - Dupicate Calendar Entries

Post by JohnWho »

I am using EPIM 2.2.1 for Android on Nexus 7 running Android 4.2.2 and EPIM 5.55 on Windows 8. All the free versions.

First time I synced calendar it looked OK, but second time has produced a ton of duplicates and multiples in the Calendar. Using ArchiverDR I was able to remove the duplicates from the PC but can not remove them from the Android.

Worse, if I attempt sync again, all duplicates/multiples are moved back to the PC again!

I also have EPIM on an iPhone and iPod and first time they synced they appeared OK. I have not tried to re-sync them since I don't want to corrupt their calendars with duplicates too.

Help would be appreciated.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Sync Problem - Dupicate Calendar Entries

Post by admin »

Would appreciate if you could forward us the log file (can be found here: C:\Users\Your_Windows_Username\AppData\Roaming\EssentialPIM Pro\Logs). Will check why duplicates appeared.
You can get rid of the duplicate appointments on your device by clearing up the app's data (all your Android EPIM data will be gone but you should be able to sync it back from Windows EPIM). Go to the system settings, tap on Application manager, select EssentialPIM and tap on the Clear data button. After that clear the sync's data from Windows version of EPIM. Click on File->Database Management, select your device from the drop down list under "Clear sync data" and click on the Clear button. After that perform synchronization and you shouldn't have duplicates anymore.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
JohnWho
Novice

Post by JohnWho »

Thanks for the reply.

My original data is in Outlook and I have not been pleased with the syncing between Outlook and iOS through iTunes. Am hoping EPIM's will be better once I get the initial data straight.

I can completely replace the iOS data on both the iPhone and iPod easily and having PC EPIM bring data in from Outlook as a restart there should work also. Thank you for showing me how to replace the Android's EPIM data, but I have a question regarding that:

Will clearing the EPIM Android data also clear out the Contacts?

Am sending log files thru Forum PM.
JohnWho
Novice

Post by JohnWho »

Maybe problem should be moved to Windows section:

I am not getting a good import to EPIM from Outlook 2007. I get duplicate entries for most of the Contacts and many duplicates in the Calendar. Running ArchiverDR gets rid of dupes in Calendar, but not in Contacts.
JohnWho
Novice

Post by JohnWho »

OK, problem I am experiencing does not seem to be between EPIM for PC and EPIM for Android. Syncing appears to be working properly here.

Thanks for your help. I will move part of problem to PC section of forum.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks. Answering your question about clearing the app's data - Contacts will stay intact as they aren't a part of Android EPIM.
Moxom
Novice

Post by Moxom »

I have a similar problem using EPIM Android 2.4 and Epim Pro 5.53 on a Win8 PC.

I recently bought a Smartphone and transferred 20 years of calendar and notes etc (originally started on a Psion Series 3!) by synching between phone & PC.

Now I've got up to 30 copies of single calendar historic entries, on both devices. My Epim PC database has grown from under 5Mb to 20Mb since I started synching with Android on my smartphone on 01 Oct 13 ; as a consequence EPIM Calendar on both platforms runs very slowly when I try to look up past calendar entries, and often EPIM freezes for 2-3 minutes when I click back a month. The multiple entries appear for dates before Aug 11.

I also get repeat To Do entries after synching.

As a result the excellent EPIM app is becoming unusable as it takes too long for quick look-ups of historical entries e.g. to see when I met with someone in 2010.

On the Syncro menu on the PC there doesn't appear to be an option to only synch entries after a certain date.

How do I remove the multiple entries, I've tried the process listed earlier in this thread without success, and how do I prevent it happening again and adding yet more multiples?

Regards,

Tim

p.s. I’ve just had to reboot my PC as I couldn’t close EPIM!
EPIM screenshot duplicate entries 28Oct13.jpg
EPIM screenshot duplicate entries 28Oct13.jpg (154.21 KiB) Viewed 6933 times
Moxom
Novice

Post by Moxom »

I've just found the Dupe remover which has worked well and removed 66,000 duplicates and restored my PC version to it's usual speed in scrolling back through the years in Calendar.

I'm going to try deleting EPIM data from my android smartphone and re-synching, but the question remains - how to stop duplicate entries recurring when synching?

Regards,

Tim
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

1. Please update to the latest Windows EssentialPIM version, which is 5.57
2. Please clear up the sync data (I assume you're using a 2-way sync?) by clicking on File->Database management, Android, Clear
3. Resync and everything should be ok
Thanks.
Moxom
Novice

Post by Moxom »

Thanks for your advice, I've done that: removed the duplicates from the PC version, wiped the Android phone, and re-synched to get the cleaned database back on to the phone, and everything now seems fine.

The question is how to prevent future entry duplication when synching between the two, given that 66,000 spurious duplicate entries had been created after using the phone, and synching it with the PC, for only a month?

Regards,

Tim
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

If you ever encounter any dupes again, please forward us a log file (can be found here: C:\Users\Your_Windows_Username\AppData\Roaming\EssentialPIM Pro\Logs). Will be able check what's causing such a behavior and issue a fix. Thanks.
Moxom
Novice

Post by Moxom »

OK, Will do.

Thanks,

Tim
nickrap

Post by nickrap »

I am using Essential Pim Pro 7.12 and syncronization between my Android app stoped and when it worked i have man dublicate records. I tried to use the dump software but i get this message:
What i going on?
Attachments
Capture 2.PNG
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Please click on File->Database Management and clear up the Android sync data, that will fix the problem.
nickrap

Post by nickrap »

I have tried that and the problem still percistes. I am getting again the same message.