"HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden" at Syncing with Google

Support related problems and questions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

rp
Novice

Re: "HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden" at Syncing with Google

Post by rp »

ticatlon wrote:Thank you for your response. A new version of essential pim?
EssentialPIM, of course.
ticatlon

Post by ticatlon »

Sorry, I am stupid... It is a new version of essential we wait ! I have test the synchronise with a Yahoo email account and it is ok, i waiting new version with this solution. Can you say to us when this new version would be ready, please?
DoctorAstafyev

Post by DoctorAstafyev »

I see huge amount of clients have been stroken by that HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden.
"Waiting for the new version of epim" is that an official comment from the Epim admin? The only variant for the sollution of that problem?
I'm using Epim only because it's syncing with google calendar that easy. If we lost that possibility, then there is the question what for did I buy that program? Epim staff - we hope you will fix this and inform us in shortest time!
scottgsmith62

Post by scottgsmith62 »

Probably the easiest solution if you don't want to move away from using EssentialPIM, is to use the Plaxo.com web service temporarily. For $5 a month, it will sync with Outlook (real two way sync). Then you would sync EssentialPIM with Outlook. That is not an optimal solution, but for $5 a month, it might be worth it, and then you could drop the Plaxo service when the Google API fix comes out in April 2015.

The link to the service is: http://www.plaxo.com/products/overview/plaxo-sync

Hope that helps.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Confirm, this issue is the highest priority for us know. Probably tomorrow we will be able to release a new version.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
klaus.meier
Guru

Post by klaus.meier »

admin wrote:Confirm, this issue is the highest priority for us know. Probably tomorrow we will be able to release a new version.
Today is tomorrow
Good luck programmer guys!
---
XP SP3, EPimPro 6.05
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Yes, we know, testing the new build at the moment. Thanks!
nunoleite
Experienced

Post by nunoleite »

Hi!

I'm having the same problem... And just want to tell other users with the same problem: Let's wait and give time to programmers and testers do their work.

If they need another day or 2 or 3, let them.... It's better to let them test and give us a bug free version then having problems in syncing that can make us lost info.

So, let's wait patiently.

Thanks
Nuno Leite
brhildp
Novice

Post by brhildp »

Just want to say it's very reassuring to be part of this support community of EPIM users. I depend on this app a lot -- PRO w/lifetime updates -- and was dismayed when I installed the new version and it immediately stopped being able to sync with Google calendar. Will stay tuned for a fix.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Status update: all bugs are fixed and if no new are found within next couple of hours, we will be releasing the new version.
KaraokeKop
Novice

Post by KaraokeKop »

Admin,

I see you posted at 11:53 am. Doubt you've got much sleep the last couple of days. Syncing with Google calendar is the main reason I use EPIM, but I also like (need) EPIM as an e-mail client. A couple of months ago my computer crashed forcing me to share a computer for a week. Thus, I had to use Google calendar, e-mail, and Hotmail e-mail web based versions. They're ugly interfaces, slow, and not user friendly. :x

I'm sure your staff were in panic mode developing a fix. Thanks!!! :D
ralfk
Novice

Post by ralfk »

Same Problem

I am using EPIM Version 6.01 - Lifetime-Licence - on Win7 (64Bit)
gertone
Novice

Post by gertone »

Any idea when this version would become available?
We use google synchronisation heavily... so this realy is annoying
blogpost is half a year old, you missed it?
other syncs to google we use don't have an issue apparently
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Okay, guys, the wait is over. The new version is ready. Here's the download links:
EssentialPIM Pro: http://www.essentialpim.com/download/Es ... IMPro6.exe
EssentialPIM Pro Portable: http://www.essentialpim.com/download/Es ... oPort6.zip

These are fully functional 6.02 Pro versions of EssentialPIM, not yet announced anywhere except here, though. We still need to make some adjustments to EssentialPIM Free version before announcing the new version release. It seems we are not going to have enough time in our possession today in order to finish working on the Free version and therefore we are postponing the official release date to tomorrow. At the same time we didn't want to make you wait anymore longer and decided to post the links earlier.

Please also note that since there were changes in Google Calendar APIv3 authentication scheme, you'd either need to create a new synchronization for your Google Calendar or edit settings of the existing one (click on Tools->Options->Synchronizations->Google, tap on the button with question mark near the Code field for Calendar and follow on-screen instructions).

Would very much appreciate to hear your feedback and also wish to thank you for your patience!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

KaraokeKop, 7 hours of sleep a day is more or less ok for me and that's the amount I usually get :) Of course most of the rest of the time was devoted to EssentialPIM last couple of days but I don't actually mind that as long as it happens time to time only and not on the regular basis :) Thanks for your support!

gertone, available now, please see my post above. Changes to other Google synchronizations are also coming. They will be mostly under-the-hood type, though. The only change you're going to notice as an end-user is in the authentication method, which will look similar to the one in 6.02 version of EPIM for Google Calendar.