sync with iCloud

Discussion of EssentialPIM for iOS and synchronization
Choncito
Novice

sync with iCloud

Post by Choncito »

Hi, just starting with EPIM, after looking for a long while for an alternative to my Palm Treo (which has been nothing but a Organiser for the last year).
Anyways, i am am trying to synch with icloud using Portable version of Pro version. Says it can be done, but no specific instructions on how to do it. Its not like there are many options.
Running with 5.03 w Win7 Pro.
As a side note, i can't sync via iPhone directly as firewall has blocked EssentialPIM, which i need to go back to IT department (overseas)
Cheers.
Max
Site Admin

Re: sync with iCloud

Post by Max »

Hello,

EssentialPIM Pro 5.03 can not synchronize with iCloud and there is no such menu at all(although 5.5 Beta can synchronize with iCloud).
As goes for synchronizing with iPhone- you can try to change port to 80 or 8080 which are usually open in the firewall.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
Choncito
Novice

Post by Choncito »

Max wrote:Hello,

EssentialPIM Pro 5.03 can not synchronize with iCloud and there is no such menu at all(although 5.5 Beta can synchronize with iCloud).
As goes for synchronizing with iPhone- you can try to change port to 80 or 8080 which are usually open in the firewall.
Thanks for that. Tried searching thru the forum, but couldn't find any indication when / if 5.5 will be made available.
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

It will be available within 2 months.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
Babblu

Post by Babblu »

strange thing...I originally imported all contacts into the windows version, those do not sync to the iTouch, but I created a new contact later in the windows version, did a sync and that one new contact appeared but none of the rest.