Epim 6.57

Discussioni su EssentialPIM in italiano
ninoEPIM
Expert

Epim 6.57

Post by ninoEPIM »

Vorrei segnalare un paio di cosette che emergono dalla nuova installazione:
1. Nell'installare le nuove versioni (accadeva anche precedentemente) un processo di Epim (EssentialPim.exe) rimane attivo in memoria anche alla chiusura del programma e devo interromperlo mediante la finestra di avvio gestione attività di Windows.
2.Nella nuova finestra di dialogo per la stampa vi sono delle piccole lacune: allego immagine.
Buon lavoro

I want to report a few things that emerge from the new installation:
1. When installing the new versions (also happened previously) a EPim (EssentialPim.exe) process remains active in memory even when you close the program and I have to stop it through the boot of Windows Task Manager window.
2.In the new printing dialog box there are small holes: attaching image.
Nice work
Attachments
stampa.png
Texter
Guru

Re: Epim 6.57

Post by Texter »

I think this is caused by a missing translation in your language-file.
Epim-User since 12/2007 - changed to pro later - never change a running system - now Epim Lifetime.
Running latest* Epim Pro Portable on a Lenovo T14p with Win 10 64bit.
*including RC`s
spoken languages: German / English
PeCe
Guru

Post by PeCe »

ninoEPIM,
The first issue has been mentioned by others also (as you also mention) in previous versions, but there is (as far as I know) no pattern to be found. I can not reproduce this problem, I can open/close the program and all processes are closed normally.

The second problem is related to the incomplete Italian translation. The last update in the translation section is from aug.2014. That is also the reason that might see English texts in other parts of the program. If you switch to English, you will see a correct text in the printing dialogue.

If you know how to update the LNG (language file, maybe Max or Admin can do that) you have to change line 3809 to correct this problem.
In English this line is 3809=Day view|Week view|Week Agenda view|Month view|Year view|Table view
In Italian this line is 3809=Stile Giornaliero|Stile Settimanale|Stile Mensile|Stile Tabella
As you see you miss the text (labels) for week agenda view and year view. These labels must be added at the right place.

ALSO if you select 'stile mensile' or 'stile tabella', you will not get the result you expect. These labels are not on their right position !!
Peter Tak
The Netherlands
Moderator and Dutch translator for EPIM
EPIM 11.8.4 Pro portable / Android EPIM 6.0.17
ninoEPIM
Expert

Post by ninoEPIM »

Grazie Texter, grazie PeCe
adesso mi è più caro il tipo di problema. Vorrei però far notare che l'errore (1) da me segnalato avviene solo quando Epim propone nuovi aggiornamenti: in effetti, devo prima annullare l'esecuzione dell' aggiornamento, chiudere il processo essentialpim.exe e, finalmente, ritentare l'aggiornamento. Ripeto però che questo accade solo nell'atto di aggiornare a nuove versioni.. Nell'utilizzo quotidiano del software non ho mai verificato.

Thanks Texter, thanks PeCe
Now I have the most expensive type of problem. But I would note that the error(1) I reported only happens when EPim proposes new updates: in fact, I first have to cancel the update run, close the essentialpim.exe process and, finally, retry the update. But, I repeat, that this only happens in the act of upgrading to new versions .. In using the software daily have never occurred.
Texter
Guru

Post by Texter »

just install epim manually.
go to
http://essentialpim.com
then to the download section. and do i by hand. That's the way I'm doing it all the time
Epim-User since 12/2007 - changed to pro later - never change a running system - now Epim Lifetime.
Running latest* Epim Pro Portable on a Lenovo T14p with Win 10 64bit.
*including RC`s
spoken languages: German / English