Trying to change iPad sync to new PC

Discussion of EssentialPIM for iOS and synchronization
DoctorBrown
Experienced

Trying to change iPad sync to new PC

Post by DoctorBrown »

I am moving my EssentialPIM installation to a new computer. My current set up Windows 7, EPIM ver 6.57 to iPad Air EPIM ver 2.7.12. I can sync successfully to this Windows env to both my Android phone and iPad. When I try to setup sync to the new environment, I don't see a way to make the iPad sync to the new PC. I start up the Sync Wizard and get to the Pairing Device. On the iPad when I hit PC Sync, it is remembering my old PC but I don't see a way to make it see the new PC.

In this setup, I was successful in switching my Android phone to the new PC and was able to sync successfully. How do I get the iPad to recognize or look for the new PC?

New environment: Ubuntu running Wine (allows Windows apps to run on Linux), EPIM 6.58. I'm thinking that it isn't the Linux and Wine env because I can sync to my Android Phone. Question: Do I need to have iTunes on the PC to allow the sync to work?
Max
Site Admin

Re: Trying to change iPad sync to new PC

Post by Max »

Hello,

the Windows, where EPIM is running should have iTunes running. You might also need port forwarding to be setup on Linux machine.
There are also other requirements: http://essentialpim.com/help/troublesho ... hroniz.htm
Maxim,
EPIM Team