Problem with sync to the iOS Calender

Discussion of EssentialPIM for iOS and synchronization
Johnny.P

Problem with sync to the iOS Calender

Post by Johnny.P »

Hi,
I use the programm under Windows 10 and have installed the App on my iPhone.
When I use the syncing process there is no failure or anything. Everything works fine. But in the end no matter what settings I use for the sync, I don't see any of the calender entrys that I have in the Windows Version in my iOS calender.
Maybe I am missing something for the settings. I tried 2way, both 1way options. I tried to change the Port and have checked the box for creating iOS calenderentry for all EPIM-categories.

I would be very grateful if someone could help me.
Greetings Johnny.P
Lee S
Beta Team

Re: Problem with sync to the iOS Calender

Post by Lee S »

Hello Johnny.P Am just a user but here is what I found. In the Windows Epim your calendar entry should/must could contain a Category. Name the Category EPIMCalendar or whatever you wish. Keep it simple. When syncing with IOS it will create a IOS calendar from the Category called EPIMCalendar. After syncing in the IPhone IOS calendar app (bottom middle) you will see a selection for calendars. Look in there for calendars to be displayed. You should see EPIMCalendar or whatever you named your category on the EPIM windows side. Be sure it is selected (checked). You should see your calendar entries then. Hope this helps.
Lee S
Beta Team

Re: Problem with sync to the iOS Calender

Post by Lee S »

Just a little more. I forgot to clarify that it is possible to use multiple categories on the windows side, but you will end up with multiple calendars on the IOS side. I try to keep the number of my windows categories to a minimum to keep my IOS calendars at a minimum.