These annoying ...

General talks about EssentialPIM

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

Post by Guest »

You are proving my point TH47, and if you seriously look at my post its not just whining that the program having an ad in it, if that were it I'd just uninstall it and be gone. Its more about the better of the program in general.

There are more people like me out there, we buy software as well. By your own admission you say you don't notice it. So there seems to be a populus that doesn't notice it and out of the group that does there is a percentage that it doesn't sit welll with. SO if you have a feature that is unwanted and unnoticed then whats the point of keeping it?

I was and am not trying to talk about the problems of other software however, I do have a problem with acrobat reader too, I do a trick to get rid of it, but I'm not telling (no no modifying of hardware, its completely legal) also I try to use Foxit PDF Reader when possible, it has followed suit and has a ad for its other products in the same place. However... they give you the option to turn it off, I am not sure of its pernament but you do have the ability.
As I stated before I stopped using FDM because of the same practice. With FDM the point becomes clear, in this industry the competition is feirce and the audiance is fickle. There are tons of alternatives, so Customer Service becomes key. Yes the product and the excellence of how its made does count but there is a lot more to do to get customers loyal to your brand.

Lastly yes I am going to go the free copy offered monday however this is moot. This only temporarly and still will convience me to suggest this software
TH47
Beta Team

Post by TH47 »

Anonymous wrote:There are tons of alternatives, so Customer Service becomes key. Yes the product and the excellence of how its made does count but there is a lot more to do to get customers loyal to your brand.
Excuse me, but technically, you and I are NOT customers, because we didn't PAY for the software. Yet those people listen to us, answer to us, take our suggestions and sometimes our bad mood.

I feel very well served, thank you. Technically, I still will NOT be a customer after Monday, because I still will not have PAID for my license. I'll try to give something back by beta testing the next versions however.

Now, if I want to keep EPIM active for some time, I know it takes money. I received a GIFT, a beautiful gift, and I have no intention to start ranting on the color of the wrapping paper or the way the ribbon was tied.

If such a small detail -- which you won't have to worry about after Monday anyway -- prevents you from appreciating a SUPERB piece of software, it's your choice.
Star Trek: Starfleet One
These are the Voyages of the Starship Enterprise.
"Let History never forget the name ... Enterprise!"
Trekkie Thoughts and Tales
Wilco
Beta Team

Post by Wilco »

It is strange the way people can be. I make educational things, also software. So I know how much work it is to make software. I also know people. I stopped giving out free versions, I stopped sending demos because it takes to much time to do that, and some people are never satisfyed. They keep one asking questions about little ads, they want the free version to have al the functionallity as the pro version. I didn't want to put my time anymore in answering that kind of qustions. It is useless because most people who write letters and emails because they want a 10 dollarprogram to be free, will go to the store some day and buy a new computer or car. So it is not about money but about what people want to do with it.
It is a bit like some of my neighbours. They al want a tree in there backyard. But when the leaves starts falling the start complaning about the mess.

Wilco

Post by Guest »

Interesting posts, however seems really whiney too me. I was seriously thinking of buying either Pro or Portable now, however I will be taking the freebie for now.
The app is great, and I have got full access to Outlook etc from work, however Epim is just nice and small for what I need it for.

I'll be a bit more blunt and suggest the whiners get a book on C++ and MS API and walk the walk. The last poster was right, how many people won't blink at xxx hundred/thousand dollar purchases, but want a neat, small, fast application that they can get for free to be maed equal to the very, very inexpensive Pro version?
Stop being cheap s oh bees.

thanks to Max and everyone else for the great program. I look forward to actually paying you folks money in the future.

Haven't delved into the depths of Portable yet, however you'd get my money right quick if you could add some sort of synchronization feature that would work better than MS Briefcases. I like having a copy on my USB2 flashdrive, my work PC, my home PC and my laptop. Oh, and also on my Unix secure share for back-up. Any chance of this feature, and yes I agree its a bit much...

Cheers

Post by Guest »

*sigh* I could go on and on arguing but that isn't my purpose. I am not here to say things that cause people to blindly jump up in defense and take defensive positions against what has been said. If what I had posted or added to the post of had never been replied to but looked over a few times I'd be happy.

My point is to share a point of view and opinion, hopefully to get a point across and enrich the project, I feel as though everything useful to say (besides suggestions I'm holding on to) had been said so...

Good day all.