Sync Problem - Dupicate Calendar Entries

Discussion of EssentialPIM for iOS and synchronization
benvoila
Novice

Sync Problem - Dupicate Calendar Entries

Post by benvoila »

Hi, this is not a response but another case and I am tagging along because it appears the most relevant but also because I am desperate.

It is not the first time that I enter my issue about calendar all day (only) duplicates and I would love this to be resolved, I see several entries in the forum with a similar unresolved (!) issue. It had worked for a while but a glitch such as may be a wifi interrupt or application closing issue and hop! back to the same issue again. I had fixed the situation 2 times with my iPad but cannot remember the conditions. I love EPIM but would like to use it with my iPad and/or iPhone. These duplicates are killing me, I have spent so much time and am completely lost within all different tried configurations.
Here are the steps: one way sync. from EPIM to iOS the first time then a second time few minutes or a day later and it would duplicate only the all day entries. A third try would duplicate a third time, etc… I have played with synchronizations with or without deletions: it multiplies, brings more confusion to relate steps

I cannot reproduce the problem with a newly created test DB despite playing with few entries with recurrences, alarms, ToDo’s, etc… no duplicates there!

What is it about my database that it creates duplicates?

I would love to keep my DB, have a lot of important notes with it. Any way to find out the corruption? To fix it?

The leading information and conditions are:
- have an iPad 2, and an iPhone 4 running iOS 6.1.3, was the same with 5.x and previous 6.x.
- using EPIM 5.56 portable PRO today but issues where the same with all previous versions as well, and synchronize with EssentialPIM for iOS 2.7
- have cleared the synchronization data from database management, my browser(s)’s cache because of icloud(.com), delete the icloud calendars, use the iPhone only, disconnected the iPad from icloud and wifi
- have shut down all running apps on iPad-iPhone, also completely shut them down and restarted them after a while
- have optimize my DB
- restarted EPIM after changing sync. directions
- operated from a couple of different computers running XP pro (latest OS update) and a couple of others with WIN7 professional
- have checked Windows Task Manager for one instance only of EssentialPIM running. Actually they are 2: one using ~66Mb and the other ~2Kb memory. But I have seen these instances doubled when something happened during the synchronization and so leading to improper application closing
- operate from a USB memory key (4Gb), I have tried with the database loaded in the desktop if it was a question of speed because my database if big (~7Mb)
- have also shut down my Microsoft Exchange other feature (work) on the iPhone.
- have eliminated duplicates with the EPIM DupeRemover 5.5
- used a copy of a “good” (previously saved) version
- moved all backups and other copies in another folder

Thanks
admin
Site Admin

Re: Sync Problem - Dupicate Calendar Entries

Post by admin »

Have moved this topic from Android to iOS part of the forum.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

Hello,

after you clear synchronization data from database management, your database is just as good as any new database, it should not create any duplicates.
Are all events duplicated or some particular ones? If you can not reproduce it, we also can not and thus it is difficult to fix...
Maxim,
EPIM Team
benvoila
Novice

Post by benvoila »

Hi Max, I understand but it happens and apparently not only for me. What could be corrupted? or corrupting? I have shrank a bit the database but the issue still resides. The duplicated events are some newly added and only the all day events.
benvoila
Novice

Post by benvoila »

Hi Max, I read your statement again and I am puzzled. I understand that if I have problem I clear the synchronization data from database management, that is clear. But I should not or never do that between synchronization. Right?
Thanks
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

Under normal circumstances, you do not need to clear synchronization cache. But if you have a problem, you should clear it between synchronizations and it should help.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
ClearlyRobert
Novice

Post by ClearlyRobert »

I am having the same problem with multiple entries every time I sync....even though I cleared all synchronizations under database management....it is completely clogging up my iPhone...every time i sync, i get additional entries of the same things...whatever has the iCloud home calendar category.
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

ClearlyRobert, most probably you have some additional Calendar app installed (i.e. the one that works with built-in Calendar)? That might cause issues for synchronizations.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
jacFer

Post by jacFer »

Yes I ve the same problem !!