can´t sync since update iPhone to iOS 11

Discussion of EssentialPIM for iOS and synchronization
alejandrotirone

can´t sync since update iPhone to iOS 11

Post by alejandrotirone »

Hi, I´ve set my sync just one way from PC to iPhone, and to sync contacts only. It´s been working ok, till I downloaded iOS 11 on my iPhone 6. From that moment, the synchronizing starts the same way that before, but doesn´t progress at all. i´ve been waiting more than an hour, ´cause it seems to begin synchronizing and on both my iPhone screen and notebook screen, it shows "synchronizing", but it fails. Before iOS 11 on my iPhone, it usually took 5 minutes. Please tell me how to fix it. I bought the current Epim for PC to update, but is the same. Thanks!
Max
Site Admin

Re: can´t sync since update iPhone to iOS 11

Post by Max »

Hello,

please delete EPIM app from iOS and install it again. Please also make sure you are using 7.6 RC1 on Windows: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=19641
Maxim,
EPIM Team
mlrtiq
Novice

Post by mlrtiq »

That is interesting, so ever since I have moved up to ios11 my device, I have to reload the ios app to get sync working (as well going to 7.6 rc1 on my wintel machine) . FYI I haven't been able to test sync between my wintel machine and IOS device as yet, as I refuse to load the malware known as Itunes and I have yet to grab a wifi dongle to do wifi sync... that also means all data input I have done on my IOS device, would be lost in my case ?? or perhaps there is some method to backup the data currently on my IOS device and reload ?? or should I say bye bye to the data on my ios device..??

Cheers n beers Tani
carlbachmann

Post by carlbachmann »

I have the same problem with my iphone 6.
Also deleted & reinstalled the app.
I'm running EPIM 7.6 desktop.
Any other solutions?
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

mlrtiq , In order for synchronization to work, Apple requires a few proprietary services to be installed and those come with iTunes
carlbachmann, can you please post a screenshot of the problem? It is not clear what exactly problem you have.
Maxim,
EPIM Team