Modyfying one instance of recurring events

Your suggestions for future versions of EssentialPIM

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

Rick74
Experienced

Modyfying one instance of recurring events

Post by Rick74 »

When I try to move a recurring event, EPIM always asks if I want to move just this item, or the whole series etc. Basically it is good, but it quickly becomes annoying. Still worse, when I try to shorten a recurring item, I get the same question, and when I answer “Just this item”, the event is shortened by half an hour, no more. In this way, when I try to shorten a 4-hour recurring to a 2-hour one, I get this dialog four times… An option to make one of the three behaviours in this dialog a default one is needed badly!
(EPIM Pro 7.61 for Windows; Windows 10 64 bit).
Greetings, Rick
Max
Site Admin

Re: Modyfying one instance of recurring events

Post by Max »

Hello,

we will not make additional options, however, you should be able to decrease Appointment by any time- we will try to improve that. Meanwhile, you can open a single appointment and change the time in a separate dialog.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
Rick74
Experienced

Post by Rick74 »

Well, what previously took one mouse click, now will take two. In time management, it is important to spend as little time reorganizing and rearranging the calendar as possible, and as much time as possible getting things done. Why would it be so bad to tell EPIM that it should always act on one instance of the recurring series (until I change the default), instead of telling it each time I touch a recurring event (which I have plenty of). It’s all about ergonomics and efficacy. I already gave up syncing recurring events with google calendar, as it does not take into account deleting one instance of them… Now this.

Just to keep proportions, EPIM is a great program and I cannot live without it :-) I just dream of perfection. Greetings for Mr. Max.
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

Hello,

I understand your point, but we can not make options for every bit of action- that makes Options bloated and impossible to use. In some cases, we just make a decision to take the logic that works best for most customers- current case is exactly this. If we have more customers complaining- that would shift the balance and we might re-consider.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
Rick74
Experienced

Post by Rick74 »

Well, I certainly don't require a new option in the main Options menu. I just imagine that when the dialog appears asking which of the three things I need, I could just tell EPIM to remember my choice.