How to get more than what a PIM can offer? [semantic search]

Your suggestions for future versions of EssentialPIM

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

dsp_418

How to get more than what a PIM can offer? [semantic search]

Post by dsp_418 »

Lately I've read about an interesting feature in a Mac app called Devon Think. It seems that it's possible to get a sort of semantic (or smart) search results. That way the user can discover hidden connections among all notes he/she stored. That opens new possibilities for creatives, as it's possible to connect ideas, thoughts, notes that apparently are not strictly related.
I'm wondering if there could be a chance to improve the current EPIM capabilities in order to get something similar to Devon Think. So far I've used EPIM to store notes and as calendar appointment remainder and it does it job really well. Actually it's terrific, I abandoned all the other pim software I tried and now I'm just using EPIM. But that Devon Think feature it's really appealing, I believe would give EPIM a more creative approach and could expand its user base.
What do you think? Could this be ever possible considered as a feature to be added in one of the next releases?

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by dsp_418 on Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
dsp_418

Re: How to get more than a PIM can offer?

Post by dsp_418 »

Sorry,

I've realized that I've probably posted in the wrong section. Maybe my post should belong to Suggestions.
Max
Site Admin

Re: How to get more than what a PIM can offer? [semantic sea

Post by Max »

Thank you, we will think about it. Topic moved to Suggestions.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
dsp_418

Re: How to get more than what a PIM can offer? [semantic sea

Post by dsp_418 »

Thank you very much Max.
aryshia

Re: How to get more than what a PIM can offer? [semantic search]

Post by aryshia »

Is there any way I can stop Epim from saving the email subject line ?
You can check out our latest learn french and testking exams written by our italian lessons to help you pass passguide.You can also purchase merriam Our selftestengine is simply excellent in quality.
Max
Site Admin

Re: How to get more than what a PIM can offer? [semantic search]

Post by Max »

aryshia wrote:Is there any way I can stop Epim from saving the email subject line ?
Please elaborate. Please describe the steps to reproduce the behaviour you are mentioning.
Maxim,
EPIM Team