Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

lphilpot
Guru

Re: Post for those experiencing Email or Synchronization problem

Post by lphilpot »

1. The logs have been sent.
2. I've enabled sync deletions so EPIM stays in sync
3. I'll look, thanks.

My concern is that I've had to recreate missing contacts and re-populate empty groups (in my Google contacts online, not using EPIM). Then minutes later, the groups are empty again after EPIM syncs. Now with it coming from Google only that's not happening any more.

I'm really not interested in editing contacts in EPIM, but I want them to stay up to date so I can send emails to everyone. Maybe leaving sync one-way (Google to EPIM only) is the best option...?

In general I want to keep using EPIM but if it damages my contacts, I can't. It's just kinda frustrating.

Thanks.
---
Len Philpot
My Flickr photostream
lphilpot
Guru

Post by lphilpot »

I've noticed something else that may or may not be related. Since recreating my syncs, EPIM no longer checks for mail automatically (it should be checking every five minutes). Here are my account settings:

accountsettings.png
accountsettings.png (6.71 KiB) Viewed 550 times

And here are my sync settings:

syncsettings.png

Are these settings independent of each other (mail and Google sync)?

I've noticed that if I'm away from my computer for a while, for example when it sits running overnight, I can see on my phone I have new mail. When I check EPIM it's not there but if I click Send/Receive it retrieves it. So it's not checking automatically.
---
Len Philpot
My Flickr photostream
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The settings are independent from each other. Try setting a different time for auto send/receive, say, 10 minutes. Will it make any difference?
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
lphilpot
Guru

Post by lphilpot »

It's apparently intermittent. Although it didn't retrieve any emails over night (until I forced it this morning), it got the notification of your post by itself. The computer doesn't sleep, etc., that's disabled. I'll watch and see if I can determine a pattern.
---
Len Philpot
My Flickr photostream
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I think we know where the problem is. It has been fixed in the 11.5 Beta version, though. Let me know if you'd like to get and try it out, will forward you a download link. Thanks!
lphilpot
Guru

Post by lphilpot »

You're referring to the contacts sync issues? Sure, I'll try it.

Thanks.
---
Len Philpot
My Flickr photostream
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

No, I was referring to the email issue where new emails are not being received until the Send&Receive button is pressed. We are currently working on an updated Beta version, which should be available in the next couple of days. I will let you know when it is ready. Thank you for your patience.
lphilpot
Guru

Post by lphilpot »

Just for your awareness, there's something else about contacts / sync I just discovered.

I have two completely separate Google accounts configured in EPIM, each with their own contacts, own replication, own email, etc.:

1. My personal account
2. A shared account with my wife

The shared account (#2) typically has about 30 contacts or so, maybe. My account (#1) has a couple of hundred more or less at any given time (they come and over time as I add / remove contacts).

I just looked at the contacts for #2 (shared) and there are now 365 contacts there, mostly from my personal account. I have not moved / copied any contacts between accounts. The only other "thing" touching my contacts is EPIM, so there's apparently been some kind of cross-contamination between accounts, apparently. I've used Thunderbird and other Google/GMail-capable email clients for years with multiple accounts -- All without issues. In fact, I've used older versions of EPIM without issues, but something has seriously dorked up my contacts, on both accounts.

There's probably no way you could trace what happened at this point, because first all, who knows exactly when it happened. But I'm mentioning it so you can be aware and maybe test for that kind of issue.
---
Len Philpot
My Flickr photostream
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks, this is expected as there's currently no separation of contacts between 2 or more accounts, like it's with calendars or tasks, for instance. This feature is coming soon, though.