Archiver available for Android version for phone?

If you are using Free version, please post your questions here. Please note, Free version support is done on a low priority basis.

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

sfozz

Archiver available for Android version for phone?

Post by sfozz »

Hi Max:
I have almost 2 years of calendar entries in my EPIMFree - Android version for my phone.
EPIM is running slower and my phone seems to be slower also - perhaps just a coincidence.
Is the Archiver available for the Android version? If not, what suggestions could you have to clean up the old entries?
Thanks Max
Max
Site Admin

Re: Archiver available for Android version for phone?

Post by Max »

If you synchronize your Android version with Windows version- use Windows Archiver to move old entries into another database? Then synchronize wqith Android version- that should delete old entries from the phone?
Maxim,
EPIM Team
sfozz

Post by sfozz »

Hi Max:
thank you for the information on using the archiver. It worked. I sync'ed the existing database from my android phone to my laptop, made a dup, and archived the original file. Then, I sync'ed the file back to my phone.
But the ONE BEST ITEM I like about EPIM did not carry over to the new datafile. On my phone version, I created color coded categories for some entries: "DONE" items are colored purple, medium importance entries are color coded in orange - Football games are in blue - the colors look extremely vibrant. This color coding makes looking for items easy, especially when looking at a whole month on one screen and adds a "wow" factor to my calendar. Unfortunately, the laptop doesn't allow for creation of new categories. So when I archived the datafile, any new categories i created on my android phone defaulted to a white background on the laptop. And this is what I sync'ed back to my phone.
So although the datafile is less cluttered, I am spending time re-installing new categories, and adding color to my calendar entries.
Is this also a limitation on the Pro version? Will the android version offer an archiver in the future? I continue to look at other calendars, but the ability to color code categories is a basic feature - I will not install any calendar program that doesn't offer this option.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

It seems you used EssentialPIM Free version for Windows that doesn't allow creating of new categories as this feature is only available in EssentialPIM Pro. If your custom categories are white on Android now, please edit them on Android and assign desired colors, this shouldn't (at least theoretically if you don't have a long list of such categories) take much time.

We currently do not plan to offer a separate archiver app for the Android version of EssentialPIM but that might change in the future if more people request that. Thanks.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!