Why do you like EssentialPIM?

General talks about EssentialPIM

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

Max
Site Admin

Why do you like EssentialPIM?

Post by Max »

Hello everyone,

we are now compiling some ads for the Pro version and it would be really insightful to know- what do you, actual users, like in EssentialPIM? Why do you prefer it over any other PIM around here?
Any comments would be highly appreciated, thank you in advance!
Maxim,
EPIM Team
moloko
Beta Team

Post by moloko »

I like the fact that Epim is quick to start up and easy to use. The interface is intuitive and easy to navigate throughout. There is no clutter or bloat in this software and I love how I can take and use on my thumbdrive.
An "F" in english? Bobby you speak english.
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

Thank you for nice input!
Maxim,
EPIM Team
Anderman

Pictures

Post by Anderman »

I have been looking for a certain feature for a long time.

I wanted to be able to scroll through pictures of my contacts with their info associated with them (for when I forget someone's name). Your product does this better than any other I have tried. Being able to have the picture there was essential for me and I think you should include something about it in your info blurb.

Thanks for the good program,
Scott

BTW, I am ordering the pro version when I get back from my business trip.
Mutley
Novice

Post by Mutley »

I've tried quite a few PIM's and this is the best one of the available alternatives. It's small, very fast to load and easy to use even if you don't use the help section. People with little or no PIM experience should have no problem with it at all. Even better, if you want a free version, here it is with very little restriction. Hats off to the programmers for a very well written and usefull PIM, everyone should have a copy. :wink:
nomad
Novice

Post by nomad »

- combination of calendar and notes in tree-form and RTF-support is extremly useful and might be the reason for that I'll use this as my standard PIM-program from now on. Everything I need is on one place.

- very useful customizable start-up overview over tasks and apppointments (like Outlook I had at work)

- loads fast, not ressorces intensive (important if you have many programs running at the same time)

- useful detail: in the to-do list you see the notes that belongs to the to-do-item below without having to click on the item

- export and import features (big minus: no calendar import, no .vcf-support)

- easty to use, very user friendly interface!!
DG
Beta Team

What I Like About EssentialPIM

Post by DG »

I was looking for a suitable PIM companion to Keynote, the notes organizer that I've been using for several months, and EssentialPIM is the best I've found. Here are a few of my favorite things:

* Runs on a USB drive. I'm not tied to work, home or even the Internet.

* Easy-to-use import for contacts from other sources. It lets you pick and choose fields to carry over and lets you map fields from the incoming source to EssentialPIM.

* The grid display of contacts which is easily sorted by clicking on the column heading. And the detail section below the grid displays information only from those fields that have data.

* Displays can be customized by clicking on the column heading and selecting the columns you want to see.

* The EPIM Today screen is clean, easy to read and pulls your tasks and to dos together in one convenient location.

* The ability of Notes to create tables. I wish Keynote had this functionality.

* For all the information you can keep here, there's no cluttered feeling.

* EssentialPIM is intuitive. Help with the freeware version is minimal, but that's not a drawback because of the program's ease of use.

* It's easy to navigate. No surprises. When you click, you get what or go where you'd expect.

Thanks for a great program.

DG[/list][/list]
jstiel
Beta Team

Post by jstiel »

Import/export capabilities (especially with Outlook), can run on a USB drive, can work with almost all the data items that Outlook has.
damasta.nl
Beta Team

Post by damasta.nl »

The main reason to try EssentialPIM was it can run on a USB stick (and it was free).

Al te reasons mentiond above I can confirm.

Now I consider to buy the pro bundle version. The best PIM ever !
Chris
Beta Team

Post by Chris »

Here's a success story for you...

EssentialPIM has finally released me from my dependancy on MS Outlook :twisted: and therefore MS Office... 8)

Two Successes:

1) I run my own "business" from home and have been using free/low cost software on my computer and laptop. With OpenOffice I managed to get a decent spreadsheet and word-processor and there are many good free email clients out there. The only thing missing for me was decent Task Scheduler and Calendar software. Now, thanks to EssentialPIM my search is done. :D

This is an excellent replacement for Outlook. In fact IMHO I think that it is even better than MS Outlook with the way that you can set reminders and alarms.

2) I have been using the USB version of EPim as my personal organiser for more than a month now. This is probably the most mission critical feature for me - being mobile! As an IT consultant I sometimes work in locations where I cannot take my laptop with me due to security issues and have to use a desktop provided for me. EPim allows me to take my schedule and reminders with me, wherever I may be, from home pc to laptop to work pc.

Thanks for a GREAT piece of software!

Chris
This is my free news ticker software. that allows you to subscribe to any RSS feed you want.
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

Thank you everyone, who has been posting, these are truly motivating posts we read here!
Maxim,
EPIM Team
TH47
Beta Team

Post by TH47 »

It's good, light, snappy -- free ...

And it's not Outlook!

What's not to like? My stupid PC operates it like if it was a 4 GB 800 MHz RAM with a 3.6 multithreading Pentium 4, while it just huffs and puffs with Outlook.
stefank60
Expert

Post by stefank60 »

1) It's not Microsoft :wink:

2) Because of 1) (above) - it's not crap

3) Well featured

4) Free and yet not only just support but quick, friendly and helpful support

5) It's the only one I've found so far (and am now no longer looking) that I am happy with

6) Not bloated with superfluous features that only 10 people on the planet will ever use and then only 4 times in their lifetime (hmmm why does Micro$oft spring to mind again)

7) You can ask for features and tweaks and you get them !!!! :shock: :P

8) VERY intuative to use

9) It's not Micro$oft :D :lol:
Rodo

Post by Rodo »

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!! :P

I installed EPIM this morning, imported my contacts from TBird, and they are JUST THE WAY I WANT THEM!

I LOVE the EASE of customization, Import/Export, and all the useful features sans the useless clutter of OUTLOOK and PALM Desktop. I actually stopped using my palm because Desktop was such a pain in the arse... when I got a laptop I switched to Outlook, and found myself frustrated and bored almost instantly.

I actually look forward to using EPIM everday because I know it WORKS the way I WANT it to.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!! :P
BamBam
Novice

Post by BamBam »

All my answers were given above.

It's not Outlook...there was a portable version...thanks for that program, and for the free licence.

BamBam
S-Mod @ Samsung-Stuff.de