Why do you like EssentialPIM?

General talks about EssentialPIM

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

smitch

Post by smitch »

I used the free version for a few months and I now use the Pro version. I like:
1 Ease of use.
2 Portability - extremely important and it works great.
3 The To Do list is far superior to any other PIM I have tried and I briefly tried quite a few.
4 The ability to have Trees in the To Do list is very convenient.
5 the Contacts are very logical and the ability to sort them, yet still have them all in "All Contacts" makes it very easy to find the information that is needed. I also like that you can add categories.
6 In the To Do list, you can create new categories
7 the ability to attach files to the To Do and Calendar area is great for attaching pertinent files and/or invitations.

The program is just so simple that it works and it provides details if you want them. The Pro cost is very reasonable and well worth it, but if you just want to try it for awhile or need less features, it is free. The Pro version provides some very cool but not essential features for everyone. For me, they are essential now that I use them.

Great product!!!![/list]
Sasha
Novice

Re: Why do you like EssentialPIM?

Post by Sasha »

Someone wrote
"The ability of Notes to create tables. I wish Keynote had this functionality"
I cannot find this feature. Not in Notes.
Notes can be dissappointing since it has a bad search function.
No highlighting, no repeat search. No summary of search results.
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

In Notes you can create Tabs if you are using 2.8 Pro version.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
georgeidle
Novice

Post by georgeidle »

I have been using a Psion 3c with its excellent Agenda for years but the machine will surely die, as did its predecessor. I have been scouring the net for an alternative PIM, having been underwhelmed by Outlook and the like – and some of the PIMs are visually hideous as well too complex. At first sight EssentialPIM looks like the best successor I have come across so far. It has a single file making portability pretty straightforward, I guess, and seems to have all the features I am likely to need. I will doubtless have further thoughts when I have used it for a while.
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

georgeidle wrote:I have been using a Psion 3c with its excellent Agenda for years but the machine will surely die, as did its predecessor. I have been scouring the net for an alternative PIM, having been underwhelmed by Outlook and the like – and some of the PIMs are visually hideous as well too complex. At first sight EssentialPIM looks like the best successor I have come across so far. It has a single file making portability pretty straightforward, I guess, and seems to have all the features I am likely to need. I will doubtless have further thoughts when I have used it for a while.
I once had Psion 5M, so I guess EPIM might have a bit of Psion flavour too)
Maxim,
EPIM Team
qvprof
Novice

Post by qvprof »

I like the Notes, and the Calendar

Much easier to use the Outlook. In fact my set up, I turned off email and contacts, and strictly use the calendar, to-do's and notes to manage my life/business/gtd system.

Being self-employed, I use the calendar to "track my day", and the "to-do's" to help me stay focused. I use the "notes" as sort of a reference place, and a lists manager.

I really like that the "Notes" replaced my need for a 2nd app to do lists creation/management and outlining. (I was using Keynotes before)

So basically EssentialPIM is my complete GTD System, it has calendar, to-do lists (next action), someday maybe lists (notes), project lists (note), and reference/notes.

Keep up the good work guys.
My blog about How to Get Rich
philippe-j
Novice

sync and print

Post by philippe-j »

Where I work some people are in contact with computers, some are not. But we need to all have the same professional list of updated contacts.
As a manager, I complete the contacts, then I sync them with everybody's mobile phone, and I print a paper copy of the contacts, as a phonebook.
Epim is the only software able to do all of this: printing with Outlook, yahoo or google contacts is just wasting paper, syncing with Palmdesktop is not handy and so on.
The only problem is there is still a minor bug when printing after sorting by companies: the order is correct, but the name comes first on bold characters, instead of the company name. But I am confident this will be changed soon.
Asiangotchi
Novice

Post by Asiangotchi »

I really like how you placed a mail client into the program.
The interface is really organized. Compare EPIM Today to this. In the image, the text is small; it's very hard to read. There are also some buttons, and a moving bar. I wonder what those would be for?
Bugs are really at minimum. You don't get those annoying errors and crashes when you click on something.
The portable edition is what really makes me happy however. I'm all over flash drives. Now I can bring EssentialPIM wherever and use it on any computer. :D

Thanks for making such a great PIM!
Before you make me angry, I'm a boy.
Have a nice day... >:l
ivg
Experienced

Post by ivg »

Styles in 3.1 are an AWESOME ADDITION!!!!

Portability is essential!!!!

hierarchial data structure - beutiful!!!

other features also very good implemented. I no more look for pim app. thanks for that!!)
aquapunk
Novice

Post by aquapunk »

I keep a huge amount of reference material on a separate EPIM database. The ability to include scanned diagrams and pages, as well as tables, means I can carry around the important content from dozens of my hefty textbooks on my flash drive. If I find odd snippets of information it is easy to add them and then retrieve what I need later on.
And that is just a bonus! I can keep my contacts and everyday notes and calendar in a tiny 10Mb file which loads and navigates speedily and also travels around with me on my pen drive.
No bloat and dozens of useful features.
Thank you!
Petey42

Post by Petey42 »

It's the best free personal organizer iI have seen. Working perfect,
is portable, a range of possibilities, and I always have my personal information,
including Email!!! with me. I'm a happy user especially during my holidays.

THANX for tha :D t
Gerard
Novice

Post by Gerard »

I love it because it is fast en flexible!

Greetings,
Gerard
offmdan
Beta Team

Post by offmdan »

Exporting notes to .html then to Dropbox (installed on PC) gives an very quick and easy access to data.
Much quicker than Evernote!
-Dan
postscript
Novice

Post by postscript »

Overall, as PIMs go, EPIM is easy to use. However, if I were to identify a single feature as the best it would be the Notes. As a copywriter I generate a huge amount of text for ads, brochures etc and more often than not multiple versions of the same copy. With unlimited Trees and Leafs, notes gives me a huge amount of flexibility when organising my thoughts and ideas, generating copy and tweaking new versions of copy when I need to without losing the old versions (one thing a good copywriter never does is throw away ANY anything he has written). The recent inclusion of the spell checker was the cherry on top of an application that has constantly changed for the better in the year that I have been using the Pro version.

Keep up the good work.
nodrog
Guru

Post by nodrog »

It's fast
It's small
It will import and export in a useful range of formats
It evolves with the needs of the users
The Notes module will link to other notes or files, produce tables and store images, so I do not need other programs
I have most of my work reference notes to hand now, all in one place and easily searched.
With email included, it covers all the main functions of a PIM with no unnecessary extras to slow it down
And it will fit nicely on a USB stick!
I can use the Getting Things Done methods within EPIM and keep on top of my tasks
All in all, a wonderful program, and as other people have said, not M*crosoft!
Thank you again
Thanks
Gordon

EPIM Pro latest version, Win 10 Pro 64 bit