Sync with iphone

Discussion of EssentialPIM for iOS and synchronization
Guglielmo Serafini

Sync with iphone

Post by Guglielmo Serafini »

Hi, please:
When i sync epim with the iphone calendar...it works both in a side than to the other ?
That's it ?
Because i don't see any modification on my iphone ?
thanks for the answers
Max
Site Admin

Re: Sync with iphone

Post by Max »

Hello,

the sync can be set up one-or-two-way. Please make sure you have set it up correctly- you can delete the existing sync and create a new one.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
Lee S
Beta Team

Post by Lee S »

Good Morning Max
Is it possible that he doesn't have a category assigned to the EPIM calendar event? EPIM catagorys are converted to calendars when copied to the iPhone. I have to assign catagorys to see them on the phone calendars.
Thanks
LeeS
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

Yes, that's the case, you might need to assign categories.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
Lee S
Beta Team

Post by Lee S »

Thanks Max. This brings up a question. Considering that I have seen this a couple of times, maybe it could be possible to assign a default IOS calendar name when the category is not specified on copying to the iPhone? I can see where a person might not want to assign a category.
Thanks
LeeS
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

Thank you, will consider
Maxim,
EPIM Team
Verity

Post by Verity »

I have just downloaded EssentialPIM 7.54 to my laptop which runs Windows 10 and EssentialPIM for iOS v 2.8.1 to my iPhone 5s. I added a very few appointments on my laptop and then used the Sync Wizard. The appointments do indeed appear on my iPhone (wonderful!) but all are duplicated. Please advise as to how I can sync without getting duplicate records. I'm afraid I'm a novice with regard to the technicalities of computing (not sure what people mean when mentioning database management or categories) but looking at a few other posts it might help for you to know that I did a two-way sync - I don't think I had the option of synching one-way as I think they were greyed out - not certain about this.
I would very much appreciate your help.
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

Hello,

one-way would not help in this case. I suggest to use File-> Database Management and clear iOS synchronization cache. That might prevent duplicates from appearing. Please also use 7.6 RC1: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=19641
Maxim,
EPIM Team