Email in Android App

Discussion of EssentialPIM for Android and synchronization
Doug W.
Novice

Re: Email in Android App

Post by Doug W. »

I would not need Email in EPIM Android if it worked better with contacts and my email client. I used Outlook on my PC with VCOrganizer on Android. VCOrganizer did not have an email client, but worked better with Android. Unfortunately after using VCOrganizer for many many years, it is not longer supported.

In Outlook there were distribution lists. In EPIM, your solution is groups. As an example, I am involve with my condo association. I created two distribution lists in Outlook and now two groups in EPIM. One group is for the Board of Directors. The second group is to email the monthly newsletter to unit owners that rent their unit out and do not live in our community.

With Outlook and VCOrganizer everything was great. The distribution list could be used on my PC and on my Android device. Groups work great when I use the EPIM PC application. I can create an email, click on my group and add the email addresses of all the Board of Directors to my email with one click. I do not see a way in either the Android or my email program to quickly send an email to the other 4 board members. I am forced to add each of them to an email one at a time. It is worse with the newsletter group as there are 9 people in that group and I do not have their names memorized.

As I said before, I would love to have a single Android application to handle what EPIM already does and is also my email client. I like not having to jump back and forth between EPIM and Aqua Mail. I also figure it would support sending an email to a group like EPIM already does in the PC version. I could also live with a simple way to send an email to all the members of a group on Android like I can with EPIM on my PC. If that exists now, I have not found it.
JoeDirt

Re: Email in Android App

Post by JoeDirt »

I assume an EssentialPim Business email side for android is off the table with a thread this old? I recently switched from Gmail, based on a personal email account, to setting up a Nextcloud-based system. But it won't let me update my IMAP settings in Gmail or Outlook for Android. Still stuck on Google's Workspace settings, and I've been exploring other options, like Bluemail(currently), Fastmail(considering), etc. However, I use the aforementioned EPim Business in Windows, which I like better than Outlook or the Windows mail app. It would be nice to have an EPim email app on Android, even if only like Gmail or Outlook for Android; however, I like Bluemail much better than either, even with the bugginess. I have no issues with getting Epim syncing Contacts or Calendars, thought I would throw that in there. Thanks