sync with Android still copies Private entries (Solved)

Discussion of EssentialPIM for Android and synchronization
nodrog
Guru

sync with Android still copies Private entries (Solved)

Post by nodrog »

Hi.

I have been trying to export just my Public EPIM contacts to EPIM on my Moto G3 phone, without the Private groups, but EPIM insists on including them.
I have the latest versions of EPIM on both PC and phone (updated again today to make sure)

I have around 1700 contacts in Groups which I have made private, and I have tried in vain to export the others alone.
I have deleted the EPIM system account on the phone, deleted all local contacts from the phone itself, emptied the cache and uninstalled, cleaned, re-installed EPIM for Android and checked that is is not finding any contacts on the phone before syncing.
I then made sure "Include Private items in Export/Sync" option was unchecked in the Security section of Options, and sync is set up to transfer from PC to Phone only.

When I check, all the contacts in the Private folders have been transferred.

Any suggestions?
Last edited by nodrog on Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks
Gordon

EPIM Pro latest version, Win 10 Pro 64 bit
nodrog
Guru

Solved

Post by nodrog »

Update - I realized I needed to make each individual contact Private, and that making the group private just hid the label, not the entries in that group. Live and learn...
Thanks
Gordon

EPIM Pro latest version, Win 10 Pro 64 bit
Blastcher Hide

Re: sync with Android still copies Private entries (Solved)

Post by Blastcher Hide »

FYI, I've had the INVERSE of that problem, wherein --and for reasons unknown-- whole sections of my data (mostly in Notes) suddenly acquired that "Private" icon, and, as there was no discernible way to batch-handle them, I'd have to one-at-a-time individually declassify them (and not with my mind, neither.)
admin
Site Admin

Re: sync with Android still copies Private entries (Solved)

Post by admin »

We would appreciate it if you could provide us with the log file of the synchronization during which the problem occurred. This will help us understand the issue better and determine the cause of the problem. To find the log file, please click Tools->Options, select "Logs Folder", and look for the file that begins with "AndroidSync". Once you locate the log file, please forward it to us. Thank you!
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!