Re: Not able to view contebnt of emails

Post by Sersti »

Sent you a PM
Sersti
Guru

Post by Sersti »

Did you look into this yet, Max?
The only way I can prevent this happening is to set the Inbox folder sync flag to "Full messages".
As before, if the flag is set to "Headers", many emails will still display the content when viewed later, but some not.
Just13rus
Novice

Post by Just13rus »

The same thing as the previous author mentioned. Update to 8.03 didn't remove that bug.
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

So far we were unable to reliably reproduce the issue with the blank emails. So far as it seems the only way is for us to have the database with the email account. Export of emails unfortunately does not help.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

You can create a new (fake) mail account, move one of such emails there, delete all other mail accounts and send the database to us (which will contain fake mail account with a single email)
Maxim,
EPIM Team
Sersti
Guru

Post by Sersti »

Okay - I created a backup of my database, created a fake e-mail account and moved 5 empty messages into it from another account.
I then deleted all the other e-mail accounts, and all calendar items, tasks, contacts, notes and passwords.
I sent the database to your aston**** address.

By the way, I sent another message to that address on 12 August concerning the cancellation of my EPIM Cloud subscription and never got a reply, despite mentioning this to you in a PM...
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

Hello,

thank you very much for the sent email. However, as we did not receive email, I am not sure what address you used, please use following: m*@essentialpim.com (I will send full adress as PM)
Neither we received a message of 12 August.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
Sersti
Guru

Post by Sersti »

Just forwarded both messages to your other address
Sersti
Guru

Post by Sersti »

Sent you a PM
Sersti
Guru

Post by Sersti »

...and another PM ;-)
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

Thanks! We looked at the DB, and it looks as if those emails do kot exist on webserver. Can you check via web interface (better) or using orher email client, whether those emails actually exist on webserver and are viewable?
Maxim,
EPIM Team
Sersti
Guru

Post by Sersti »

Like I said on this thread back in July, I still think that the problem has something to do with message rules.

My theory: The e-mails are picked up by EPIM (headers only) and are moved by message rules to another folder. The e-mails are then moved to the new folder on the server with the next IMAP synchronisation, but since only the headers exist in that folder in EPIM, that's all that appears in the same folder on the server as well. I think the reason why it sometimes happens and sometimes doesn't may be this: If I read a message before the next synchronisation occurs, the content is downloaded, but if I don't, then the e-mail has already been moved and the full version is no longer available. Does that make sense?

So yes, the e-mails still exist on the server, but not at the same location and only as headers.
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

Sersti, thank you for lending help on this!
We will check this theory. It is, however, very important to understand a current state of things. As far as I understood, what you see on server is the same you see in EPIM- headers only for those problematic messages- is that right?
Also, on server, these header-only emails are in the folder, where they were moved by EPIM rules?
Also, currently in EPIM, you can see those header-only emails in the same folder as on server?
Maxim,
EPIM Team
Sersti
Guru

Post by Sersti »

Yes, Max. That was what was happening to some messages when EPIM was set collect Headers only:
When new e-mails were collected, message rules moved them to different folders - let's say message 1 was moved to folder A and message 2 to folder B. Afterwards, on the server, it was the same: message 1 appeared in folder A and message 2 in folder B, both as headers only messages where the content could also not be viewed online.
However, I wasn't very thorough - although I can confirm that a few such messages definitely had no content when I tried to view them on the server, I didn't check so many, and most have already been deleted, so I can't check them now either.
I should perhaps also point out that I have a lot of message rules and most of my messages are filtered into folders by EPIM, so perhaps the messages would also have had no content if they had stayed in the Inbox folder.
Just13rus
Novice

Post by Just13rus »

I can add another 5 cents to the discussion.

I do not have any message rules at all! I receive a blank message, then go to web-version of email via web-browser and read the email.

And it could be an issue Max told about, but the problems does not depend on different servers. The same shit happens at mail.ru, gmail.com, microsoft accounts and so on.