iPhone XR and sync

Discussion of EssentialPIM for iOS and synchronization
fulder

iPhone XR and sync

Post by fulder »

Hi all,

right now I can't really call this a bug report, because the iPhone XR (iOS 13.3.1) in question ist not owned by me and some (unknown) rules may be hindering the sync.

When I hit the PC Sync Button in EPIM/iOS is Claims to be connected to the Wi-Fi Network "Wi-Fi". I assume, this is some kind of default name, because the WiFi it is connected to has a very different Name (SSID).

Some other Network Analysis apps had mixed success in reading the WiFi Name: one of the two i tried couldnt resolve the (SSID-)Name, the other did.
So I assume that there have been some changes by apple. Sure enough EPIM didn't recognise the PC/Server (EPIM Pro 8.63 Portable, Windows 10.0.18362.592), even though they were in the same Network (but they didn't realise it).

I installed the iTunes App from MS Store - is this OK? Do I have to create some Kind of account or Service?

Can anyone confirm Problems like this? (Just trying to find out if it's a particular Rights Problem or if iOS-Support is seriously damaged).
If there is are problems in the communition between EPIM/iOS and iOS --- is anyone looking in them or is it to small a problem?

Thanks in Advance
fulder
Max
Site Admin

Re: iPhone XR and sync

Post by Max »

Hi,

let me check a few things and come back on it.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
smgregory
Novice

Post by smgregory »

Am having the same problem. Was working fine but when I got a new computer and tried to sync, my iPhone (iOS 13.3.1) just remains stuck on the network screen and shows "WiFi" as connected to the network and no Start button. iTunes is installed as well.
Steve
Live Simply
smgregory
Novice

Post by smgregory »

Found the solution in another thread. Apparently the Bonjour Printer Service (maybe just Bonjour in general???) needs to be installed on the PC (https://support.apple.com/kb/dl999?locale=en_US). After I installed it and restarted EPIM on the PC, the START button came back on the iPhone.
Steve
Live Simply
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

Indeed, Bonjour service is a requirement. It can be installed with Bonjour Print Services.
Maxim,
EPIM Team