Templates / API

Your suggestions for future versions of EssentialPIM

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

gusdelrio

Templates / API

Post by gusdelrio »

I have used Epim for several years, I started using it as a mail client, then as a save notes and reminders, currently as a task manager. Lately it has helped me keep all the documentation of my projects together. Two points that EPIM must have to be extremely efficient and productive are:

1) Templates: It allow to save a Notes or Tasks Structure and that can be reused quickly. Example the Base Line to ProjectManager.
2) Hooks and APIs: Allows you to invoke external commands when performing an action and expose Epim elements to third parties through an API. This would make EPIM a magnificent project manager, making it more in line with today's world.
Max
Site Admin

Re: Templates / API

Post by Max »

Hello,

thank you for the suggestions. To comment on first item, what prevents you from keeping a branch of Notes as a template and copy-pasting it?
Regarding hooks and APIs- those are most effective for applications that are hosted online (e.g. for Webhook to work, EPIM should be online), thus not sure if that would find a lot of use for a Windows application like EPIM.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
DG
Beta Team

Post by DG »

I use EPIM to manage my projects for work and have developed templates in Notes for work requests, technical specs, production support, code migrations, etc. I also have templates in Tasks for projects, estimates, consulting, etc. EPIM's ability to export Notes to Word documents makes sharing documents with the project team easy.
VictorParkerPIM
Guru

Post by VictorParkerPIM »

For years, nearly two decades I have seen in the forum many request for Information about using Templates in Epim.
Search found 277 matches: for template info. Everyone has a different idea on how to set it up and how to use it.
Sticky Notes has become one of my favorite features. I think Notes Templates could become more useful than sticky notes
if they were setup correctly and good information on how to use them. This info should be in the Help files.
I think experienced Epim users almost never uses the help file. There are so many different kinds of templates, nearly all
users need help here.