Synchronisation with Google Calendar

Support related problems and questions

Moderators: Max, TerryRogers

Bllank92
Novice

Synchronisation with Google Calendar

Post by Bllank92 »

Hello i just bought the EPIM Pro version and i want to be able to read the schedules, i create on my Laptop, on my Smartphone without beeing connected to WiFi in order to synchronize.
So i thought the best would be using EPIM on Desktop and Google Claendar on my Smartphone but the problem ist when i sync to google nothing happens. The Google Calendar stays completly empty. i checked serveral things, using the correct account etc.
I use 1-Way sync EPIM -> Google it seems to work fine i get no error message but as said, google Calendar stays empty and i cant see anything.

Do you have any idea what could went wrong or do you have another solution to write tasks on Computer and then read them on Smartphone without Wifi on Smartphone?

Thanks in advance!

Edit: I just tried 2-Way-Sync and the test appointment i created on Google was imported to EMPIM but not the other way around. Nothing in EPIM was imported to Google
Last edited by Bllank92 on Fri May 01, 2020 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

locke
Guru

Re: Synchronisation with Google Calender

Post by locke »

Hello, i used the synchronisation about Google since long and it well functions. Please, e.g., Google about "Chooses of calendar" whether all calendars checks about Extras/Optionen/Synchronistaion and are selected

Locke

locke
Guru

Post by locke »

I have failure only if in Epim for an appointment series the 31Te of the month puts becomes, then all months are which no 31ten day have without appointment in Google - unfortunately.

Locke

Bllank92
Novice

Post by Bllank92 »

locke wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 11:01 am
Hello, i used the synchronisation about Google since long and it well functions. Please, e.g., Google about "Chooses of calendar" whether all calendars checks about Extras/Optionen/Synchronistaion and are selected

Locke
Here is a Screenshot of my settings when i try to sync with Google.
Do you see anything odd?

https://ibb.co/jDxdJHY

locke
Guru

Re: Synchronisation with Google Calendar

Post by locke »

Everything looks correct! Have you permitted Google to communicate with Epim?

Bllank92
Novice

Post by Bllank92 »

locke wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 1:06 pm
Everything looks correct! Have you permitted Google to communicate with Epim?
I dont really know how to do that, cand find that option on my phone or the browser based Google Claendar.
Any tips?

Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

I understand you create calendar items in your Laptop EPIM? go to https://calendar.google.com/calendar/r/week on your laptop and see whether your items are in the calendar? Make sure to turn on all calendars (e.g. here is explanation: https://webapps.stackexchange.com/quest ... -one-click)
Depending on your answer, we can troubleshoot what prevents items from appearing in your phone.
Maxim,
EPIM Team

Bllank92
Novice

Post by Bllank92 »

Max wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 2:08 pm
I understand you create calendar items in your Laptop EPIM? go to https://calendar.google.com/calendar/r/week on your laptop and see whether your items are in the calendar? Make sure to turn on all calendars (e.g. here is explanation: https://webapps.stackexchange.com/quest ... -one-click)
Depending on your answer, we can troubleshoot what prevents items from appearing in your phone.
I created the calendar items on my Laptop EPIM (i dont use Mobile EPIM bedcause afaik you need WiFi to sync) and then i dont see the items on Google calender, Laptop or Phone, both empty.

but now something really odd happened. besides from beeing confronted with this problem viewtopic.php?f=31&t=33261 it seems that some items had been synced now but only a few and i dont understand because they are all created in the same calendar same catregory, color etc. some tasks still missing

Edit: everything works fine now i didnt change anything but suddenly it worked cant see tasks in the google calendar app but thats not the fault of EPIM
thanks for your help :)
One last question regarding the app. is there a way to sync EPIM Desktop with the mobile version (Without WiFi?

Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

On which device is your mobile version installed?
Maxim,
EPIM Team

Bllank92
Novice

Post by Bllank92 »

Max wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 9:52 am
On which device is your mobile version installed?
On my Android Smartphone

mesotron

Post by mesotron »

Did you check wether you marked a category for your calendar items in EPIM? I had the issue that google did not accept my EPIM calendar entries unless I marked the google calendar as category in EPIM. Then the calendar entry appeared in google calendar as well.